2005 YZ450 Ya or Nay

YZF450 2005<--- Click Me

05_YZ450f_blu_3_3528.jpg

Well they claim 220lbs outside of cosmetic and engine mods, I would say for me I am a little disapointed but the jury is still out for me. I was hoping to get a 2005 this year, but now looks like I will wait until next....

MSRP

$6,399* Available from August 2004

Engine

Type 449cc, liquid-cooled, 5-valve, DOHC, 4-stroke w/titanium valves

Bore x Stroke 95 x 63.4mm

Compression Ratio 12.3:1

Carburetion 39mm Keihin FCR flat-slide w/throttle position sensor

Ignition Digital CDI

Transmission 4-speed w/multi-plate wet clutch

Final Drive #520 Chain

Chassis

Suspension/Front 48mm Kayaba inverted telescopic fork w/adjustable compression and rebound damping; 11.8" travel

Suspension/Rear Kayaba single shock w/adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping & separate hi/lo-speed compression adjuster; 12.4" travel

Brakes/Front 250mm Floating Disc

Brakes/Rear 245mm Disc

Tires/Front 80/100-21-51M Dunlop

Tires/Rear 110/90-19-62M Dunlop

Dimensions

Length 85.5"

Width 32.6"

Height 51.3"

Seat Height 39.2"

Wheelbase 58.5"

Ground Clearance 14.6"

Rake (Caster Angle) 27.2

Trail 4.7"

Dry Weight 220 Lbs.

Fuel Capacity 1.8 Gallons

Other

Color Team Yamaha Blue/White

Warranty 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)

Well if you go to Yamahas website and do the "compare" side by side from the 04' there really is nothing changed. 2 lbs is the difference. You can lose that with a new exhaust.. I was going to get a yz 250 but i know after 5 months its going to be clapped out..So I might just get a 04' yzf 450 and save the cash and get the suspension done and set up everything for me (bars..seat.. foot pegs ect..) 06' will be a great bike but for me too spend 6500 to 6700 out the door for a 05' when I can get the exact same bike for 5500 or so out the door I would be an idiot to do it.. I Have to have the suspension done and that is close to 1000 bucks. Seat (taller) bar risers and maybe a exhaust not sure about that yet.. And since i know for sure that i will be getting a 06' I dont want to drop the coin. What about you guys? tell me your thoughts

And since i know for sure that i will be getting a 06' I dont want to drop the coin. What about you guys? tell me your thoughts

Thats kind of what I was thinking. I will forever keep the 2000 426, It is a great bike, love it, have it refined for me and enjoy it too much to part with it. I was hoping the 05 would be aluminum, but that is not a hot spot, I was simply hoping for the 5 speed back and just an all round tighter package.

I am serious about looking at the KTM 450exc but holding out for blue. All In all I will wait for 06 now

Hey Now ?

WR = Wussy Ride

I seem to remember the wussy ride going where your wimpy yz wouldn't :awww: Your just jealous that my ride is so pretty? Seriously though i rode the 450 ktm in middle creek last weekend and liked the wr alot better.

Ok then I will go with the WR because you say so, ?

Now I am confused, What about the ATKale

or the WRE Carbon fiber concept bike by Synergy 211lbs 450 ?

Ok then I will go with the WR because you say so, :awww:

Bout time you listened? I'll even ride it for you so it gets some use. ?

??

Great quote Bill !!!!!

And Wussy Ride? I don't recall me or Bill throwing a whole lotta $ on our bikes to make them more woods friendly. Forgot clear creek already?

Ok then I will go with the WR because you say so, :awww:

Bout time you listened? I'll even ride it for you so it gets some use. ?

??

Great quote Bill !!!!!

And Wussy Ride? I don't recall me or Bill throwing a whole lotta $ on our bikes to make them more woods friendly. Forgot clear creek already?

On second thought

Ya the WR is Plug and Pray that way Any schmuk can swing a leg over and go

The YZ is like a fine bald headed old man, not much to do but shave a little stubble off the top and sides ?

What about the ATKale

or the WRE Carbon fiber concept bike by Synergy 211lbs 450 ?

a cool bike but, i wonder if it can handle the tracks and a couple good spills without splintering..

synergy.jpg

btw, i like that they kept the yz450f a 4 speed and hope they do keep it for a while. as long as it keeps having kick a$$ power, it makes it easier not having to shift as much as the next guy.

What are you guys looking for? For 05 it looks like Yamaha did some massaging in the motor department, the CRF has the reputation for having a smoother power delivery while the YZF has more on an explosive "Snap". I think they want to get better reviews in the magazines for having a bike more suited for the masses that want a smoother powerband with more ridablity. To me the 05's look pretty good.

I think some of you were hoping that they would an aluminum frame with EFI and a feather tickler for your butt. Yamaha has a great reputation, I think they'll do it when they feel it can be done right.. I still think Honda and Yamaha are way out front in the four stroke war, the KXF450 and RMZ450 look sweet this year but I would imagine it'll take a couple of years of tweaking to get them as nice as a CRF or YZF...

Only my opinion....

Dan

the feather tickler ??

revolucien

Where did you find it, I was looking all over the net for this yesterday.

Awesome concept, I thought the same thing about the frame. Geez I mean one good down hill get off and your in the hole for 3k to replace the frame :awww: