2005 YZ450 Ya or Nay

20 replies to this topic
  • John_Lorenz

Posted June 16, 2004 - 03:19 AM

YZF450 2005<--- Click Me
Posted Image

Well they claim 220lbs outside of cosmetic and engine mods, I would say for me I am a little disapointed but the jury is still out for me. I was hoping to get a 2005 this year, but now looks like I will wait until next....

MSRP
$6,399* Available from August 2004

Engine
Type 449cc, liquid-cooled, 5-valve, DOHC, 4-stroke w/titanium valves
Bore x Stroke 95 x 63.4mm
Compression Ratio 12.3:1
Carburetion 39mm Keihin FCR flat-slide w/throttle position sensor
Ignition Digital CDI
Transmission 4-speed w/multi-plate wet clutch
Final Drive #520 Chain
Chassis
Suspension/Front 48mm Kayaba inverted telescopic fork w/adjustable compression and rebound damping; 11.8" travel
Suspension/Rear Kayaba single shock w/adjustable preload, compression and rebound damping & separate hi/lo-speed compression adjuster; 12.4" travel
Brakes/Front 250mm Floating Disc
Brakes/Rear 245mm Disc
Tires/Front 80/100-21-51M Dunlop
Tires/Rear 110/90-19-62M Dunlop
Dimensions
Length 85.5"
Width 32.6"
Height 51.3"
Seat Height 39.2"
Wheelbase 58.5"
Ground Clearance 14.6"
Rake (Caster Angle) 27.2
Trail 4.7"
Dry Weight 220 Lbs.
Fuel Capacity 1.8 Gallons
Other
Color Team Yamaha Blue/White
Warranty 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)

• Aaron

Posted June 16, 2004 - 04:08 AM

uh, ya?

• yathump

Posted June 16, 2004 - 04:11 AM

I think i'll wait till they get that aluminum frame on the the 450. I want to upgrade but now Yamaha is teaseing us by putting the frame on the 2 smokes and not the 4 strokes :thumbsup:

• norcal_hoss

Posted June 16, 2004 - 04:17 AM

Well if you go to Yamahas website and do the "compare" side by side from the 04' there really is nothing changed. 2 lbs is the difference. You can lose that with a new exhaust.. I was going to get a yz 250 but i know after 5 months its going to be clapped out..So I might just get a 04' yzf 450 and save the cash and get the suspension done and set up everything for me (bars..seat.. foot pegs ect..) 06' will be a great bike but for me too spend 6500 to 6700 out the door for a 05' when I can get the exact same bike for 5500 or so out the door I would be an idiot to do it.. I Have to have the suspension done and that is close to 1000 bucks. Seat (taller) bar risers and maybe a exhaust not sure about that yet.. And since i know for sure that i will be getting a 06' I dont want to drop the coin. What about you guys? tell me your thoughts

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 16, 2004 - 04:22 AM

And since i know for sure that i will be getting a 06' I dont want to drop the coin. What about you guys? tell me your thoughts

Thats kind of what I was thinking. I will forever keep the 2000 426, It is a great bike, love it, have it refined for me and enjoy it too much to part with it. I was hoping the 05 would be aluminum, but that is not a hot spot, I was simply hoping for the 5 speed back and just an all round tighter package.

I am serious about looking at the KTM 450exc but holding out for blue. All In all I will wait for 06 now

• gonzo

Posted June 16, 2004 - 04:32 AM

Pumped can't wait to get it!!!!!

• blackie

Posted June 16, 2004 - 04:42 AM

I don't see myself rushing out after this bike. I was hoping for some compelling changes to really spark my interest. Perhaps this bike may do it for me: RMZ450

• The_Blue_One

Posted June 16, 2004 - 05:31 AM

I am serious about looking at the KTM 450exc but holding out for blue. All In all I will wait for 06 now

If your going to look at the EXC why not look at the WR :thumbsup: I don't think the YZ will be a 5-speed for a long time. :awww: If you want a trail bike it's time to start looking at one :lol:

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 16, 2004 - 05:33 AM

Hey Now :thumbsup:
WR = Wussy Ride

• The_Blue_One

Posted June 16, 2004 - 05:38 AM

WR = Wussy Ride

I seem to remember the wussy ride going where your wimpy yz wouldn't :awww: Your just jealous that my ride is so pretty :lol: Seriously though i rode the 450 ktm in middle creek last weekend and liked the wr alot better.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted June 16, 2004 - 05:44 AM

WR = Wussy Ride

I seem to remember the wussy ride going where your wimpy yz wouldn't :awww: Your just jealous that my ride is so pretty :lol: Seriously though i rode the 450 ktm in middle creek last weekend and liked the wr alot better.

Ok then I will go with the WR because you say so, :lol:
Now I am confused, What about the ATKale
or the WRE Carbon fiber concept bike by Synergy 211lbs 450 :lol:

• The_Blue_One

Posted June 16, 2004 - 05:47 AM

Ok then I will go with the WR because you say so, :thumbsup:

Bout time you listened :awww: I'll even ride it for you so it gets some use. :lol:

• Fryboy

Posted June 16, 2004 - 06:03 AM

Ok then I will go with the WR because you say so, :awww:

Bout time you listened :lol: I'll even ride it for you so it gets some use. :thumbsup:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Great quote Bill !!!!!

And Wussy Ride? I don't recall me or Bill throwing a whole lotta $ on our bikes to make them more woods friendly. Forgot clear creek already?

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 16, 2004 - 06:16 AM

Ok then I will go with the WR because you say so, :awww:

Bout time you listened :lol: I'll even ride it for you so it gets some use. :thumbsup:

;) :lol: :lol:

Great quote Bill !!!!!

And Wussy Ride? I don't recall me or Bill throwing a whole lotta $ on our bikes to make them more woods friendly. Forgot clear creek already?

On second thought

Ya the WR is Plug and Pray that way Any schmuk can swing a leg over and go

The YZ is like a fine bald headed old man, not much to do but shave a little stubble off the top and sides :lol:

• JayR426

Posted June 16, 2004 - 06:17 AM

So waht do you guys think? 04' or 05'? I think i am gonna get an 05. The new suspension should be worth it! :thumbsup:

How long is it till August? :awww:

• Fryboy

Posted June 16, 2004 - 06:24 AM

I would say whichever bike is Green Sticker!!! I hear the 05's will be but will believe it when I see it.

Fryboy

• revolucien

Posted June 16, 2004 - 06:37 AM

What about the ATKale
or the WRE Carbon fiber concept bike by Synergy 211lbs 450 :thumbsup:

a cool bike but, i wonder if it can handle the tracks and a couple good spills without splintering..
Posted Image

btw, i like that they kept the yz450f a 4 speed and hope they do keep it for a while. as long as it keeps having kick a$$ power, it makes it easier not having to shift as much as the next guy.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 16, 2004 - 06:38 AM

What are you guys looking for? For 05 it looks like Yamaha did some massaging in the motor department, the CRF has the reputation for having a smoother power delivery while the YZF has more on an explosive "Snap". I think they want to get better reviews in the magazines for having a bike more suited for the masses that want a smoother powerband with more ridablity. To me the 05's look pretty good.

I think some of you were hoping that they would an aluminum frame with EFI and a feather tickler for your butt. Yamaha has a great reputation, I think they'll do it when they feel it can be done right.. I still think Honda and Yamaha are way out front in the four stroke war, the KXF450 and RMZ450 look sweet this year but I would imagine it'll take a couple of years of tweaking to get them as nice as a CRF or YZF...

Only my opinion....

Dan

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 16, 2004 - 06:47 AM

the feather tickler :thumbsup: :lol:

revolucien
Where did you find it, I was looking all over the net for this yesterday.

Awesome concept, I thought the same thing about the frame. Geez I mean one good down hill get off and your in the hole for 3k to replace the frame :awww:

• revolucien

Posted June 16, 2004 - 07:00 AM

john, this link should get you there

http://www.dirtrider.com/indy_2004/

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.