jimmy button highs

12 replies to this topic
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 02, 2001 - 02:32 AM

ust took my new jimmy button hig bars for a short 50 last night. I was previously running a YZ style bar. The things are awsome. A little awkward at first, real flicky, but once I got used to them and mt hands being higher it was great. It also helps keep my shoulders up when put of the saddle. Stand up riding has never been more comfy. Four stars!

• z4me

Posted June 02, 2001 - 02:50 AM

Mike -

Those are the "ape hangers" on my WR250F. Once you get used to them, we should swap again. We will probably both get a better sense of each others rides when they have the same basic ergos.

Hey, why does it only rain on the weekends here?

- Sean

• tonymontana

Posted June 02, 2001 - 03:40 AM

Originally posted by mike68:
ust took my new jimmy button hig bars for a short 50 last night. I was previously running a YZ style bar. The things are awsome. A little awkward at first, real flicky, but once I got used to them and mt hands being higher it was great. It also helps keep my shoulders up when put of the saddle. Stand up riding has never been more comfy. Four stars!

Mike how tall are you? I'm 6ft 3 and i have not found anything to suit.

------------------
Tony Montana

• z4me

Posted June 02, 2001 - 04:09 AM

The Jimmy Buttons are about as far as you are going to go with handlebars alone. Beyond that risers for your tripleclamps or even a new top tripleclamp are the next steps to getting the ergos correct.

ATV bars are even higher - but I think for your height the above suggestions would work better.

- Sean 6'0"

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 02, 2001 - 04:25 AM

Sean,
You can tell the weekend is here...It's raining AGAIN! :)

------------------
'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 02, 2001 - 03:09 PM

Ya Kevin it's raining here in Michigan too!
Dennis :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bill

Posted June 02, 2001 - 04:22 PM

At 5'11" I find the JB's just right for height. I did loose .625" off of each side and they feel even better now.

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, MX-Tech suspension, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

• Howard_Huge

Posted June 02, 2001 - 06:49 PM

Rain you guys don't know yow lucky you are!
I'd pay for rain out here in California right now. Man the dust is getting thick. You should be so lucky to get to practice up on your mud riding skills..
late huge

• Pimcon

Posted June 03, 2001 - 01:04 AM

Jimmy buttons high are a great improvement over stock, but felt last week when driving standing on the pegs I could just use 0.5-1"
additional height. What would be the best way of getting there? Turning the standard clamps, buying another set and putting longer bolts in sounds great.

Shortening the bars might be a good options as they are quite wide, but for the moment I need the extra space for ralley controls. Once I replaced the standard headlight-etc-switch with a single kill switch I have more.

• mcarp

Posted June 03, 2001 - 05:42 PM

Pimcon- I've been running the stock clamps upside down with the Scotts clamp on top for about 6 months now. 50mm 8x1.25mm bolts work great. This past week I installed the TAG T5 CR Double High bend (new bend) along with the risers--boy are they high now, but comfy when standing in the attack position. Feels like a cruiser when you're sitting :). I'm 6'2" with long "monkey" arms.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 04, 2001 - 03:19 AM

z4me,
Next time we ride we can swap again. It hard for me to get used to how much you need to rev that 250. I'll give it anither try when we hook up.

Tony,
I can't help you. At 5'8 with boots on and a 30 inch inseam, what works for me probably wont help much. Tha bars are a good start.

Rode again yasterday, man I love these bars. I was running the YZ style bars before. I also run a 99 top clamp which brings the bars back 10mm. I do opposite of what the tall guys do becuase of my short arm length.

------------------
01 426 beat to snot
1997 Golden Retreiver
trampoline
smelly sneakers
smoke runs in my undies

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 04, 2001 - 07:02 AM

Forgot to mention I love the rain. Some of my best ride have been in the rain. Riding wet terrain makes you a better rider.

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted June 04, 2001 - 02:31 PM

Anybody got the website for TAG?

Brian

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.