2005 WR450!

24 replies to this topic
  • 5spoke

Posted June 22, 2004 - 06:39 AM

Is the opening of the left side handle on the '05 to allow more air or is it blocked off.

Looks like they changed everything people wished for. I guess they had to make the tank smaller when narrowing the rad. covers. I hope the bike uses less gas cause that's not enough gas to get me where I'm going. I have a feeling they will be selling a lot of '04 gas tanks, if they fit the '05.

• the go-devil

Posted June 23, 2004 - 01:11 AM

Somethings not adding up here. Last years 450 was a claimed 245 lbs and the 05 is 244? With how much the 04 and older mufflers weigh, like 8 or 9lbs that must be one heavy aluminum can on there! My FMF PC4 weighs about 4 lbs. Yamaha definetly has a weight conspiracy going on.
While i'm bitching, I think if they are going to go with a 2.1 gallon tank, they should just use the same tank/seat/shrouds on both the YZ and the WR for better availability of aftermarket seats, plastic, and graphics kits. OK, I'm done.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DirtDobber

Posted June 23, 2004 - 03:51 AM

they should just use the same tank/seat/shrouds on both the YZ and the WR for better availability of aftermarket seats, plastic, and graphics kits. OK, I'm done.

Agreed. I also noticed that the rear suspension suffered from the lowering of the bike. .4" was lost.
The compression is down from the 04 to 12.3/1. They claim the bike is narrower, but the specs say it's wider and longer (with .5 gal less capacity).
Plus a hundred bucks more. Well, I guess the Renthal's will help in that area.
So far, I'm glad I bought an '04!
DD :thumbsup:

• big_G

Posted August 04, 2004 - 06:38 PM

2 gallon tank?!?!?! will it get 80 mpg or something???

outside that, as long as that air pump crap unbolts and the dmv nazi's will issue sticker's n plates, that bike is schhewwwwwweeeet!!!

mebbe its not for some of you, but i'm at full attention just looking :devil: :awww: :thumbsup:

• jaggley

Posted August 05, 2004 - 04:28 PM

You guys are begging for five pounds. Lose five pounds from your bellies and get the '04. I am 6'3" and i love my '04. I am coming from a 96 XR250R and am blown away. I am strictly a trail rider and have not seen anyone on the trails that can rip my a$$. 5-10 pounds may mean alot to Carmichael, but most of us should work on our skill and not worry about it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.