• ddialogue

Posted June 15, 2004 - 06:09 PM

Nice feature set on the 2005 including California Green Sticker! :lol:

2005 WR450

Nice aluminum muffler on the rear. :thumbsup:
"Slimmer shrouds, seat, and fuel tank" (2.1 gallon fuel tank!) :awww:

• BIGDADDY450

Posted June 15, 2004 - 06:28 PM

Looks great ! I thought we might see a new 150F in the line up this year,looks like maybe next year.

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 15, 2004 - 06:40 PM

I like the 1" lower seat height! :lol: Fully adjustable front forks! Sweeeeet. :lol: Just cant see what they were thinking with a 2.1 gallon tank! :thumbsup: 50 mile range is a joke! :awww:

• learning2fly

Posted June 15, 2004 - 06:55 PM

YES, green stickered! I know what my next purchase will be! :thumbsup:

• YamahaSteve

Posted June 15, 2004 - 07:31 PM

I am glad I got the 2004 now. I am 6'3" tall and love the size of the 2004. I always feel like everything is too small for me. I love the new muffler and the 48mm forks from the YZ on there. Sweet lookin bikes... always have been and always will. Go BLUE!

• The_Blue_One

Posted June 15, 2004 - 07:32 PM

I will be ordering mine tomorrow. :thumbsup: The only thing i didn't like about my wr was the dang red sticker.

It will be a long summer for me :awww:

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 15, 2004 - 08:22 PM

I do like the fact that it's a green sticker and is lower, 20mm is a lot. I agree with the tank, 2.1 is a joke considering what the bike is intended for. That's the problem with the new Huskys too.. I'll probably end up getting one but I just wished Yamaha made the bike slimmer and lighter, even if it were 5 or 10 pounds. I'll bet these bikes are really refined, not redesigned just refined.. Yamaha claims 244lbs, that's funny :thumbsup: I would bet the farm they're off by 10 or more pounds.. Nothing to jump up and down over but still probably the best off-road package on the market today..

Posted Image
Dan

• ovrrdrive

Posted June 15, 2004 - 10:38 PM

Lookin good for sure. However I don't see the changes as groundbreaking, so I'll be ordering my 04 today. Not to mention that it says it won't be available until October. :thumbsup:

I can always order one of those pipes and get most of the weight savings... I'll probably change the handlebar anyway too.

As for lower seat height, that's a disadvantage for me anyhow. Not to mention all they did was reduce rear shock travel by 4".

• endurodog

Posted June 16, 2004 - 02:34 AM

Yamaha claims 244lbs, that's funny I would bet the farm they're off by 10 or more pounds

You forgot they weigh them on the moon :thumbsup:

To get them 20mm lower how did they do this? Is the frame the same? Glad to hear you guys are gonna be able to get a green sticker on them.

• ddialogue

Posted June 16, 2004 - 03:14 AM

I like the fact they're using CR routed front brake lines now too. I think I'll see about ordering up the parts to upgrade mine this Fall. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Radbuster

Posted June 16, 2004 - 04:14 AM

I'm probably going to get one of those. The YZ is great for MX, but I want a do-it all machine for single track and dirt roads also. I'm leaning on getting a Z-start, removing the battery and starter if possible, odo+ cable made out of lead, adding flatland and gyt guards. Might just be the perfect bike. Anyone know what battery and starter weigh?

• jwriott

Posted June 16, 2004 - 04:28 AM

I'm with you on this one Dan. I compared the 2004 to the 2005 and it's 244 lbs. versus 245 lbs. The thing will be 265+ lbs. wet without fuel. Maybe that 1 lb. came off the fuel tank?

I was really hoping for 5-10 lbs. off like you said. :thumbsup: I'd buy this bike in a heart beat if they'd do that.

• learning2fly

Posted June 16, 2004 - 04:37 AM

I'm with you on this one Dan. I compared the 2004 to the 2005 and it's 244 lbs. versus 245 lbs. The thing will be 265+ lbs. wet without fuel. Maybe that 1 lb. came off the fuel tank?

I was really hoping for 5-10 lbs. off like you said. :awww: I'd buy this bike in a heart beat if they'd do that.

Maybe next year for '06? The '05 YZ125s and 250s came with aluminum frames this year and lost 4-5 lbs, I'm sure the thumpers aren't far behind! :thumbsup:

• BIGMatt

Posted June 16, 2004 - 01:12 PM

Dang! I just picked up my 04' last week! When did Yamaha release that info? I should'a waited. :thumbsup:
I bet the 244lbs is for the NON-Cal model. Having the AIS will add 10lbs, like a smog pump for yer car. But may be worth the green sticker. And you can always take it off too! :awww: Small gas tank is not good.

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted June 16, 2004 - 08:11 PM

Reading more into the Specs it looks like the WRs are slimmer than ever..

• JVP

Posted June 16, 2004 - 08:15 PM

A one pound difference worries me. :awww: I think that AIS is a 10 pound hulk of garbage. :lol: I have seen those things on other bikes.What does "Green Sticker Ready" mean anyway. :thumbsup:

• rensho

Posted June 17, 2004 - 08:40 AM

AIS on the R1 is only about 4lbs. You can always remove it like i did.

The 04s have 48mm forks? or just 46?

I thought they mentioned the frame was 10mm lower, or was that the yz...
Comes with gripper seat and alu bars. Nice stuff since these are 2 obvious upgrades for $150+, and CR brake line.

Sounds like a nice/better package all around.
Sure could be better, but...

• ddialogue

Posted June 17, 2004 - 08:58 AM

It's a great package and they give us just enough upgrades each year to keep us happy. A couple of more years and they should really have the WR refined. :awww: :thumbsup:

• zz3gmc

Posted June 17, 2004 - 12:37 PM

"To get them 20mm lower how did they do this? Is the frame the same?"
I believe they changed the subframe.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 17, 2004 - 03:47 PM

Post deleted by DOMENIC_WRF

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.