adjusting vavles

3 replies to this topic
  • meangreen75

Posted July 01, 2002 - 11:13 PM

Well after all I read here on TT about how easy it was to adjust the valves I now know it's not so. Maybe I'm just not mechanically inclined or something (I didn't think so) but this was a freakin' major job. I didn't usually open up everything to do regular maintenance before. Thank god for my bro-in-law. And Motoman393's website suggestions. Still I'm thinking next time I'll just take to the bike shop and let them do it. Has anyone else felt this way. I know that I had to do it to keep my bike in tip top shape but damn. Anyways I just had to gripe a little.

• acarter920

Posted July 02, 2002 - 04:25 AM

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. But once you take it to the dealer the next time and receive the bill... I guarantee you will be thinking twice about doing it yourself the next time. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Boit

Posted July 02, 2002 - 06:08 AM

meangreen: Been there, done that....as the saying goes. While I agree totally with you about this procedure not being simple, it shouldn't be all that difficult once you have a solid grasp of the steps. Personally, the first time I did it, I cursed me mum for giving birth to me, but the second time went much smoother. You might consider this slant, after you've mastered this maintenance procedure, you WILL be a much better mechanic . . . able to diagnose and repair your own machine quickly and adeptly. Also, you will become a "babe magnet" . . . so I'm told. I'm still waiting for it to happen to me.

[ July 02, 2002: Message edited by: Boit ]

• Guest_mxrider426_*

Posted July 02, 2002 - 10:32 PM

Maybe the babe magnet part hits later. Im still waiting...... :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.