spark plug

8 replies to this topic
  • silveradoss

Posted June 15, 2004 - 04:40 PM

I recently changed my spark plug and it was rusty. I know there is a drain hole on the side of the cylinder but what I want to know is, is there a way to prevent water from getting in the drain hole when washing?

• twistngrip

Posted June 15, 2004 - 05:11 PM

Most of the water should just drain back out when you are finished with the wash. A little compressed air blown into the drain hole should dry out any remaining water. :thumbsup:

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 16, 2004 - 12:49 AM

I recently changed my spark plug and it was rusty. I know there is a drain hole on the side of the cylinder but what I want to know is, is there a way to prevent water from getting in the drain hole when washing?

Don't hit it with the pressure washer or hose directly.

• icemachines

Posted June 16, 2004 - 05:59 PM

I start up my bike after washing, Let it get up to operating temp. haven't had a rusty plug since. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • vanisland

Posted June 16, 2004 - 07:31 PM

a golf tee will plug this hole when washing the bike

• RJB

Posted June 17, 2004 - 05:44 PM

Am I missing something - where is this drain hole? Not sure I recall seeing it and can't check it given my baby is 500 miles away :thumbsup:

• Fastest1

Posted June 17, 2004 - 06:46 PM

On the right side of the cylinder, the little hole.

• RJB

Posted June 18, 2004 - 07:01 AM

Aha - that one - got it thanks

• 00YZ426FMRCD

Posted June 18, 2004 - 09:57 AM

No need to worry about the rust. This is normal. As one forum member said, "Just don't use a pressure washer or go heavy with the rinse on the cylinder and you will be fine"

Thanks - RCD

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.