Sidi Vortex Boots?

8 replies to this topic
  • wylie1

Posted July 01, 2002 - 04:39 PM

Someone mentioned awhile back that a dealer told them that the sidi vortex boots were supposed to be good for guys with big calves. Does anyone have these boots? How do they fit?

• rvanliere

Posted July 01, 2002 - 04:43 PM

I am the one who has talked about the Vortex Boots . I talked to a rep from MotoNation . He said they will fit 22 inch calves . I have yet to buy them as I havent came up with the cash . $245 but I want to get them soon . I have 20 1/2 inch calves. :)

• wylie1

Posted July 01, 2002 - 04:59 PM

And I thought I had big calves. :)
Yeah my wallets just recovering from my last toy purchase and now I am trying to figure out what else I can spend my money on. I'm a sick man. :D

• rvanliere

Posted July 01, 2002 - 05:02 PM

You think your sick / I think I have EBAY-itis !! :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • thumper4life

Posted July 01, 2002 - 05:47 PM

im still skeptical about the whole fitting big calves thing. :)
im beginning to get frustrated buckling my tech 8's (with extended straps) with the pants tucked in them. i got me some 20"s on me, rollin on "dubs" as they would say in the rap slang :D
DEFINITLY give a fit report for all the big dudes out there as those will most likely be my next choice for boots

• Boit

Posted July 01, 2002 - 11:35 PM

I definitely don't have big calves, but am very interested in the Sidi boots. What makes these boots appealing to me is the hinged ankles. My right ankle was the subject of a triple arthrodesis procedure in '96. I'm struggling to use to rear brake from the standing position with my Tech 7's. I need a boot that allows the ankle to pivot back and forth easily.

[ July 02, 2002: Message edited by: Boit ]

• J_Bone

Posted July 05, 2002 - 08:57 AM

I traded my SIDI boots!! They were too small for my calves and my calves are not big!!!!!!! :)
They cut into my calve at the top! I liked there old Tae Flex boot, but the no longer make them. :D
It seemed that plastic plate on the inside would not allow enough space to adjust and it made it feel bulky...GONE! I got rid of them.

• wylie1

Posted July 05, 2002 - 09:57 PM

Were the boots that you got rid of the Sidi Vortex boots?

• J_Bone

Posted July 07, 2002 - 02:32 PM

No they were the Force SRS.
The Vortex actually look like the have leather on the inside instead of that plastic plate.

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.