Ron In SoCal

2 replies to this topic

Posted June 01, 2001 - 09:22 PM

Are we going for a ride on Friday the 13th or a Safari? Should I bring a tent and survival gear? Will my stock WR tank hold enough gas to make it? Should I bring my cell phone and /or get a GPS system? Do we need to be re-supplied half way through the trip? Is there a chance we will see BIG FOOT? Are spare tires required? In any case am still looking forward to it! :) P

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted June 02, 2001 - 07:00 AM

Didn't Ron tell you about the air drop? Hope you have a chute for your dub-r. :)

It's your world, I just play in it!

'00WR, WB E-Series S-Bend w/7 discs, Stock header, GUTS high seat, Thumper Bar Risers, throttle stop trimmed, airbox cover removed. Stock jetting. 4500ft.

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted June 07, 2001 - 07:56 AM

Hi Guys.

I've been on a computer hiatus. Kind of a vacation for my eyeballs. My normal day consists of at least 12 hours of computer time and I'm feeling it lately. Getting old I guess. If I could only spend half as much time on my motorcycle as I do on a computer…

Anyway, your stock wr tank will get it done. If we are able to go as far as I hope then you and I will be on reserve when we return to our trucks. Unfortunately some idiot was playing with fireworks and started the forest on fire last year and the forest service has closed much of the riding area. Everything we will be riding will be in the open areas, but our usual "loop" is no longer a loop.

I should mention the elevation range for jetting purposes. The ride will start at 5000 feet and, if we feel adventurous, we will get up to 8200 feet. Most of the ride will be in the 6000 - 7000 foot range. I expect the temp will be mid 80's with lots of dust.

Plan on being away from "camp" the whole time. Backpacks/Fannypacks loaded with drinks or whatever your going to want is recommended (spare goggles?). This is not that big of a ride but it's a good one. If you want a Safari situation - talk to Dan Lorenze. 1000 mile rides? Wow. I get tired just thinking about it. This one will be a fun jaunt through the forest. Fast guys can go fast, slow guys slow. :)

To everyone that has sent me e-mail lately - I've got lots of catching up to do. Expect a reply in a day or so. Thanks.

Can't wait 'til the July 13th!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.