Clarke fit blows...

No replies to this topic
  • sirthumpalot

Posted July 01, 2002 - 04:24 PM

Well, I mounted my new clarke tank tonight. The color is spot on, 10 points for that. However the fit is another story. The left radiator shroud fits fine, just like stock. BUT the right one is way off. I had to bend the shroud so that I could get a screw in each hole. As a result, the radiator cap is now partially covered by the shroud and the shroud sticks out a whopping .75" less on the right than on the left (measuring from the bottom tripple clamp). Also that little black rubber strap took one hell of a stretch to get it on the screw, which doesn't screw in as far as the stocker either. I hope this doesn't crack the tank over time. On the plus side it is thicker than the stocker so maybe it will last better. I would attempt to send it back, but I made the stupid mistake of assuming it would fit perfectly like stock and put gas in it (from the old tank) before I tried to mount it. Oh well, at half the price of the Yamaha tank I guess I can't complain too much, but I was expecting a fit closer to stock. In all honestly I would probably buy this one instead of the stock one given the choice again due to the thickness (definitely thicker than stock) and the price difference, but you bet I'm going to send clarke an email about the fit. Actually if another company sold the same tank I would probably try a different company next time. Oh well, just had to vent, but HEY NOW I CAN GO RIDING!! YAHOO!!!! :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.