kickstand ????

14 replies to this topic
  • J.T.

Posted July 01, 2002 - 02:04 PM

I'm looking for a very nice attached kickstand for my YZ. Anyone have some good input on this one??

• YZ400Court

Posted July 01, 2002 - 03:14 PM

I've beem waiting for the pro moto billet one for months. They keep saying next week. It looks the best to me. The one from 2-dads looks good. It is all the stock wr parts, with a custom plate to mount them. Here is a link to Patmans review of the kickstand from 2-dads. http://patmanracing.com/Kixstand.htm
Here is a pic.

Posted Image

All of the stock WR parts cost about a hundred bucks at the dealer, I think I could bould the custom bracket myself for under 50 bucks (2-dads gets 150 for the whole thing).

The other options seem to be bracket mounted to swingarm, or drill into swingarm.

• dhowell

Posted July 02, 2002 - 02:10 AM

I have one that has a similar bracket as in the post above. I got it from baja and paid a little over $100. Been using it for about a year with no regrets.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted July 02, 2002 - 03:31 AM

I also have one like the one pictured above. I got mine from Baja designs. But I paid more than $100. Apperantly the yamaha parts went up in price so Baja had to raise there price. I paid $150. OUCH. but it is a really nice unit. I wouldnt buy one of those swingarm mounted thingy's they are all cheezy looking. This one is really tough. Baja said when I ordered mine (a month of 2 ago) that they were gonna design there own to bring the price down because even at $150 they are just breakin even.

• wylie1

Posted July 03, 2002 - 09:01 PM

I was thinking about getting one of the pro moto billet kickstands too. But I have the works connection frame guards that mount to the same place as the kickstand will. I am kind of curious to see if it will be possible to use the kickstand without getting rid of the frame guard.

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 03, 2002 - 09:08 PM

I smell A Bulk Buuuuyyyyyyy Coming :)

• J.T.

Posted July 03, 2002 - 01:45 PM

Those Pro Moto Billet stands do look mighty clean. My bike has the works frame guards also. I'm hoping I don't have to remove the left side guard to accomidate the stand.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • PumpkinHumper

Posted July 08, 2002 - 08:29 AM

I have the BAJA designs stand like is pictured above using the stock yamaha parts. I also have the Works frame guards. With a little persuation my guards worked with the stand. And by persuation i mean. Install the bolts tighten till the guard bends into submision and beat any parts that stick out back were they belong. It looks better than it sounds.

• holeshot

Posted July 08, 2002 - 09:13 PM

The kickstand shown in the pic above (2 Dad's Racing) is identical to the one I bought at Malcolm Smith's Motorsports for 120.00 bucks.

Does "2 Dad's" make them for M.S.M.? Why is one 120 and the other 150? :)

• MOmilkman

Posted July 19, 2002 - 04:05 AM

Kickstand on a YZ????

Why would you do that?????

Why didnt you just buy a WR?????

Sorry, dont mean to start a flame war, :) I just couldnt resist.
You know how many times over on the WR side we have heard, "Why do you want to do all these YZ mods?" "Why didnt you just buy a YZ?" :D :D :D

Have a nice day! :D

• Merfman

Posted July 19, 2002 - 05:56 AM

Originally posted by MOmilkman:
Kickstand on a YZ????

Why would you do that?????

Why didnt you just buy a WR?????

No flames, just a reason why I'm putting one on my YZ. I ride the Colorado 500. My YZ is plated and there's lots of parking in parking lots on the ride. Not many trees to lean against in a parking lot. Did it last year and swore I'd have a kickstand this year. :)

Merf

• gearbri

Posted July 26, 2002 - 05:17 AM

So who's gonna start up a bulk buy... I definitely need a stand (tired of the tree thing), Im in... lets get it goin...I sure dont think a kickstand is worth $100... anyone disagree?

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 26, 2002 - 08:06 AM

This is a reason wh you need a Swing arm on a YZ
Posted Image

[ July 26, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

• Merfman

Posted July 26, 2002 - 09:20 PM

Originally posted by gearbri:
I sure dont think a kickstand is worth $100... anyone disagree?

I'm not sure I agree.... I'd have given $150 for one in the parking lot of the Gunnison A&W last year. :)

• wylie1

Posted July 26, 2002 - 10:11 AM

I do not think $150 for the pro moto kickstand is too much. It looks like they put alot of thought into it. Yes it is a little pricey, but you know that saying "you get what you pay for". I was also impressed with their modification to the Works frame guard. They actually came to this website, read our concerns about being able run the kickstand and the guard at the same time, then came up with a solution for this problem. I would much rather buy a product from a company that actually takes an interest in their customers than the many companys that do not.

I think that is the most I have ever said on this website at one time. I don't know what got into me. :)

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

• 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.