'05 bikes on Transworld

23 replies to this topic
  • blackie

Posted June 16, 2004 - 03:08 AM

I don't see myself rushing out after this bike. mI was hoping for some compelling changes to really spark my interest. Perhaps this bike may do it for me: RMZ450

• Radbuster

Posted June 16, 2004 - 11:32 AM

Same here on how hard it is to ride a 2-t. I recently tried a 04 RM250 and a 250SX and before that an '00 KX250. Whoa! I was totally lost. I would have to practice every day for a month just to get up to my regular (slow) speed. The 450 4-t's are just so extremely easy to ride in comparison it's like cheating. Hell, why not just get a KX125 for the challenge of keeping it on the pipe??? The mind reels :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Godzuki

Posted June 16, 2004 - 11:47 AM

well no frame for the yamaha that sucks, i love my 426, but this last weekend i got to ride a 04 crf 450, and i think yamaha is in trouble with thier 4 strokes if they dont make them alot lighter. i didnt realize how much harder i was working to ride my bike the same as a guy on a crf. so i may start looking at the red bikes, or even the suzuki 450(i just dont like buying first year modles i like to let them work the buggs out) i hope they dont make us wait another year for the sluminum frame.

• gonzo

Posted June 16, 2004 - 12:22 PM

well no frame for the yamaha that sucks, i love my 426, but this last weekend i got to ride a 04 crf 450, and i think yamaha is in trouble with thier 4 strokes if they dont make them alot lighter. i didnt realize how much harder i was working to ride my bike the same as a guy on a crf. so i may start looking at the red bikes, or even the suzuki 450(i just dont like buying first year modles i like to let them work the buggs out) i hope they dont make us wait another year for the sluminum frame.

Have you ridden a YZ450? You can't compare your 426 to a 450. They are about 15lbs lighter and actually lighter than the CRF.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.