'04/CRF450 vs'00/WR400F

3 replies to this topic
  • Wrfrk

Posted June 15, 2004 - 06:13 AM

So I was out just screwing around last night in hills behind my home and ran into a guy on a new 450. He really wanted to race me and so I played along even though I knew he would kill me. Well, I was right he smoked me pretty easy. I actually thought my bike would do a little better with the free mods, and the WB exhaust and YZ timming. Oh, well he spent 2 times what I did so I guess he deserves to win. I really wonder what a new YZF450 would do against that bike in a flat straight race.

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 15, 2004 - 06:21 AM

No one has got the hole shot over a YZ450 yet under equal conditions. YZ450 rules in a straight line. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ddialogue

Posted June 15, 2004 - 12:57 PM

You failed to mention the obvious differences in weight between the two bikes AND the two riders. Sounds like you probably had a good 80lbs. on that kid (and that's just the rider!) :thumbsup:

• Wrfrk

Posted June 16, 2004 - 11:46 AM

This is probably true.... :thumbsup:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.