Bent Shift Fork?

1 reply to this topic
  • moto_madman

Posted July 01, 2002 - 11:44 AM

Sorry this is a two stroke but i could really use some help here. The bike shifts fine through all the gears but it dosent want to shift into 5th. Its fine coming out of fifth but it just dosent wnat to go into it. My guess is that a shift fork is bent. What do you guys think. Thanks for the help.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dirtjerk

Posted July 02, 2002 - 03:17 AM

moto madman,

before splitting the case you should check to see if your shift return spring is functioning properly. I believe you are on the right track but check this first, it has the same symptom. you can usually repair this problem by replacing the spring. It should be by the clutch assembly. If this doesn't do it you might have a bent shift fork or a seized gear.

brian

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.