Probably old question, Hard time getting bike into neutral...

2 replies to this topic
  • pmh971

Posted June 15, 2004 - 03:57 AM

This has probably been covered a hundred times but. I have been having a real hard time getting my 03 450 back into neutral after stalling. Its really killing me at the races. I'm going from the front to the back really fast. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas or tricks. I just wish the bike would start in gear like the 2 strokes. I put a Hinson clutch basket and a very new clutch installed recently. I know I shouldnt be stalling during a race but it happens. Any help would be great....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted June 15, 2004 - 04:28 AM

I have gone thru this. Try adjusting your clutch cable at the handlebars. This will fine tune the clutch arm. I had to back mine out a few turns to help find neutral easier.(I could only do it when the bike was off) Becareful adjusting as there is a fine line of adjustment before bike creep will occur - meaning the bike will want to roll forward when you are at a standstill with the bike in gear - it will want to surge forward.
Hope this helps :thumbsup:

• pmh971

Posted June 15, 2004 - 08:16 AM

I have a hydraulic clutch, so I am unable to adjust it. Thanks anyways

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.