E series Pro Meg questions

4 replies to this topic
  • Bambislayer

Posted July 01, 2002 - 08:59 AM

I have already searched this and still would like help/opinions. I also know the Thunder Alley is better.

Now that that is out of the way...should I run my pro meg wide open with no discs and no sprak arrestor or should run it with the 12 discs and the sparky? Bike is stock except for 50 tooth rear sprocket.

Thanks.

• rvanliere

Posted July 01, 2002 - 04:48 PM

I thought it hit pretty damn hard just the way it was . Never did experiment with the discs. Maybe ShawnMC would know as it was his to begin with . :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bambislayer

Posted July 01, 2002 - 06:00 PM

I can definately notice an improvement. It carburates cleaner. It starts easier. It is sweet. I ended taking the it all off and trying it in the neighborhood, but I think it is better with the 12 discs, besides it is quieter that way. Unfortunately, one of the screws was corroded and stripped out, but it seems fine without it as there are still 5. If I find any problems with this I will retap it and get some more bolts. Thank you for a good pipe.

Frank

• rvanliere

Posted July 02, 2002 - 02:45 AM

One nice thing I did like about the Pro-Meg is that you can buy many new parts for it . More discs,screws,different endcaps. Only thing that sucks about selling it is that now when I go out to the Black Hills of South Dakota ( where there is a fire burning right now ) is that I will have to purchase a spark arrestor. I am glad you are happy with the pipe . I didnt own it very long , But it did feel very nice on my bike . But I had to have the Thunder Alley . Now I have to get it all Ceramic coated , as the Thunder Alley is more of a Works style pipe . It has to be Maintained so it doesnt rust. Now all I have to do is figure out when can I go without my bike long enough to send the pipes to Embee. :D :)

• Bambislayer

Posted July 02, 2002 - 05:15 AM

If you still have your stock pipe try the PMB endcap. I have one and not only does it look good, but it also can be run open, open with spark arrestor, or spark arrestor and quiet insert which drops it about 5 DBs. It is not bad at $160 either. Cheaper than a new pipe, but for that you could have kept this one. You will figure somehing out. Good luck with the TA.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.