Swing Arm Paint?

3 replies to this topic
  • bbeakley

Posted July 01, 2002 - 06:12 AM

I've gotten a few more scuffs/scratches on the swingarm than I can stand. I was going to sand out the scratches but before I started, I wanted to know if the factory paint was available to refinish it. I was hoping for the factory paint because I may not remove it completely since the scratches are only on the outer portion of the arm. I was thinking I could just mask off the rest of the arm and surrounding bike areas and paint the outer surface. Anybody done this on their bike?

• thumperguy426

Posted July 01, 2002 - 06:22 AM

I am pretty sure that PJ1 makes a paint that will match yuor swingarm. But instead going though all the trouble of masking it off and repainting it you should strip the rest of the paint off. it will be silver and it looks alot cooler. I stripped my swingarms, clutch cover, ignition, waterpump cover and my oil filter cover it takes some time but it looks alot better i think. and it saves weight,how much exactly i dont know if you want to know what the swingarms will look like, look at any works Yamaha bike or a Yamaha of Troy bike. the factory sends swingarms to them without any paint so it must save enough weight to be worthwhile.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sean_McCutcheon

Posted July 01, 2002 - 07:00 AM

What did you use to strip the paint?

• John_Lorenz

Posted July 01, 2002 - 07:14 AM

Tried and tested,
the best method for removing those nasty scratches and pesky marks
Scratch Remover

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.