Tank Graphics Question

2 replies to this topic
  • jmw00

Posted June 14, 2004 - 04:13 PM

Has anyone figured out a trick to keep your tank graphics from turning brown from gas fumes? Or can they be made white again? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John407

Posted June 14, 2004 - 08:08 PM

Sorry to hi-jack this post but, Has anyone found aftermarket graphics that don't bubble? My Factory FX ones look like they have acne.

• jmw00

Posted June 15, 2004 - 10:03 AM

No problem about the hijack, have not found any that want bubble but someone did teel me and it seems to work, while you have your bike in storage, garage or porch, if you will loosen your gas cap some so that the fumes can escape it will not bubble as bad. One thing just don't forget to tighten it back up before you ride it makes for a big mess. Did that once and i thought it was raining until i realized what i had done. :thumbsup: Now i take off my bar pad and set it on the seat so that i know the tank cap is loose...

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.