04 WR450F Headlight Switch?

5 replies to this topic
  • YamahaWR450FMike

Posted June 14, 2004 - 03:53 PM

Anyone know where I can locate one? Did the 03 WR450's have a light switch. If so I'll just order a 03 light switch. :thumbsup:

• gomopar440

Posted June 14, 2004 - 04:10 PM

Yes, the 03's have a on/off switch for the lights stock. You might try asking some 03 WR owners that have installed a dual sport kit if they'll part with theirs. I'm sure there has to be some floating around here somewhere.

I incorporated mine back into my bike so I could reroute the AC power to the headlight instead of DC.

• YamahaWR450FMike

Posted June 14, 2004 - 05:17 PM

well looked on partfish.com and they want $37.95 for a headlight switch for the 03 WR450. Was hoping to find something a little cheaper for just a switch. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dmp437

Posted June 15, 2004 - 02:59 AM

Start a thread in the Parts forum that you're looking for a WR 250F/450F light switch, any year. I sold my WR switch to a TT'er in Montana under similiar circumstances. I swapped out to a Warrior (Yamaha quad) switch setup to get hi/lo headlight, kill switch, and horn button (start button on the Warrior switch) all in one unit aiming for a cheap dual sport conversion. I run narrowed ProTapers so space is at a premium.

Posted December 24, 2006 - 06:43 AM

It's just too bad the "high/low" means high as in up, and low as in down. I did that on my wr 426 and started signaling planes to land. Although I did install the stock 426 switch on my 07 450 and it works perfect. It's a good idea for night riding incase someone is lost and you need get to the top of a ridge and flash signal.

• J_Mayday86

Posted February 18, 2011 - 08:31 PM

I didn't even know that any of them even had a switch. i was trying to figure out a way to wire a on-off switch to mine so i didn't have to have my lights on all the time. if they sell a switch then problem solved. mine's a 04 wr450f. does it just plug in?

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.