Throttle sticks

2 replies to this topic

Posted June 14, 2004 - 02:15 PM

Recently, I found that while riding, when I pull in the clutch the RPM's stay a little higher than at normal idle speed. To make it stop, while still holding the clutch, I rev it high and quickly let the throttle go back. It will then idle normally. I find it doing it while riding in normal conditions. Does it sound like the throttle cable is sticking somewhere? (it does to me but I cant find it, any ideas) :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xcracer123

Posted June 14, 2004 - 02:24 PM

I think this is just inherent of the new 4 strokes. Maybe the TPS. Seems that my WR and DRZ did the same thing.

• gomopar440

Posted June 14, 2004 - 03:42 PM

I hate to say it but you may want to pull your carb and check the slide. There have been a few WR's that have had the bottom corners of their slides crack. Some have even come completely off and passed through the engine with mixed results :thumbsup:. I belive this happened to TT member Frostbite recently (among others). Do a search here and you will see what I mean.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.