Which company to do 426 Suspension?

15 replies to this topic
  • Yamaha600Racer

Posted June 14, 2004 - 08:57 AM

Hey guyz...i have a 2000 YZ 426F thats due for some suspension work....my question is, who is the best company for Yamaha/Kayaba Suspension....ive heard great things about Factory Connection, RG3, Enzo and Pro Circuit.. most have been telling me ENZO RACING for Yamaha suspenders.... anyone have any input on this? its revalve or sell and buy 450, but thats a whole different story! Oh yeah...I have a mechanic thats got a friend at W.E.R. (WORKS ENDURO RIDER SUSPENSION) telling me to have it dont by them cause i can get a small discount, but i dont think a place that does mostly or all Enduro suspension is a good idea for pure MX valving......Thanks guyz Pete :thumbsup: By the way, 160lbs pure mx...

• norcal_hoss

Posted June 14, 2004 - 09:20 AM

Mxtech..... "quote from mxa mag" Best yz suspension on the planet..
have it on my crf getting it on my yzf 450 when it comes in.. Couple of my buddys have it on there yz'z and ktm and they love it..

• tcannon521

Posted June 14, 2004 - 02:00 PM

i am not a fan of mx tech. The quote about it being the best for a YZ was from 2001! I sent a bike to them in 01 after the shootout. Well it went back twice and it was never right. I finally sent it to Race-Tech to get the bugs out. I would personally recommend Enzo. I have some of there works forks and love them. I have rode bikes with sub tanks and stock forks with valving from enzo and to be honest they are all i truly need.

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 14, 2004 - 02:29 PM

Hey guyz...i have a 2000 YZ 426F thats due for some suspension work....my question is, who is the best company for Yamaha/Kayaba Suspension....ive heard great things about Factory Connection, RG3, Enzo and Pro Circuit.. most have been telling me ENZO RACING for Yamaha suspenders.... anyone have any input on this? its revalve or sell and buy 450, but thats a whole different story! Oh yeah...I have a mechanic thats got a friend at W.E.R. (WORKS ENDURO RIDER SUSPENSION) telling me to have it dont by them cause i can get a small discount, but i dont think a place that does mostly or all Enduro suspension is a good idea for pure MX valving......Thanks guyz Pete :thumbsup: By the way, 160lbs pure mx...

After Shocks in Palo Alto Calif is a good shock place. Phill has been at it along time

http://www.aftershoc.../pages/home.htm

• RJB

Posted June 14, 2004 - 06:14 PM

Just read the July MX Action mag. Doug Dubach uses Enzo and they had nothing but good things to say about his setup. If Dr. D. is using them, they can't be bad :thumbsup:

• gonzo

Posted June 15, 2004 - 12:49 AM

You can use Fat Max racing. He is really good. By far the best suspended bike I have ever ridden and he has access to works accessories. Check out http://fatmaxracing.com for more info.

• norcal_hoss

Posted June 15, 2004 - 05:06 AM

I have had enzo and have nothing but good to say about Ross meadda suspension. Enzo has been around along time he knows exactly what he is doing. The only thing is the return time is crazy.. They take a long time .. I have also used aftershocks.. I had the first crf done by aftershocks in 2002.. Phil does great work but his valving need rebuilding after a few months if you moto.. His suspension is very plush in the initial stroke. I don't know but mxtech is great imo and have heard nothing but great things from them.. Even Ross meadda from Enzo says mxtech is really good.. There is a big right up on mxtech sight.. There valving is similar in ways and mxtech uses Enzos sub tanks.. i have the sub tanks myself and they do work.

• Yamaha600Racer

Posted June 15, 2004 - 08:36 AM

sounds like enzo is the right choice...thanks guyz keep em comin :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Bigsevens

Posted June 15, 2004 - 02:30 PM

i recently dropped a grand on the full enzo set up, tanks included, and i was damn skeptical. i'm 6'6" and about 230, so i figured i would want to deal with a company that does alot of kayaba work. after doing some research, i decided that enzo fit the bill. a 12 pack or so of miller lite later, my bumpers were boxed up and off to ups the next day. the receptionist at enzo told me that turn around was 5-7 days after they recieved my parts, and they were done in six. Long story short, --worth every single cent. i had previously set up my bike with stiff springs and revised oil height, but the first time i took the whoops on my new bumpers i was amazed. maybe relieved is a better word. my friends all thought i was nuts for spending so much cash, but i am certainly glad that i did. the bike feels as if it were a part of me, rather than something i was trying to control. it is super plush, but it doesn't bottom. that's high praise from a guy that weighs 230lbs. it should be noted that enzo charges almost exactly the same as most other companies for a re-valve, but i opted for the sub-tanks, new bushings, and two day air shipping.

good luck--

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 15, 2004 - 02:38 PM

I too have been thinking about getting the suspenders serviced and setup just for me. How much does Enzo charge for a front/rear revalve and service?

• Yamaha600Racer

Posted June 16, 2004 - 03:38 AM

yeah, what surthumpalot wants is exactly what i want from enzo.... just front and rear revalve and service.....anyone know $'s?

• norcal_hoss

Posted June 16, 2004 - 05:02 AM

no less than 800 dollars thats if you need springs too..

• Bigsevens

Posted June 16, 2004 - 12:59 PM

here is the breakdown of my bill-

fork revalve- 170
fork rebuild w/ bushings, seals, and oil- 70
subtanks- 350
shock revalve- 160
shock parts/oil- 25
springs- 90/front, 90/rear

the guys at enzo are very honest imo, they will tell you if you need springs or not.

• Yamaha600Racer

Posted June 17, 2004 - 03:23 AM

That sounds about right....i called up Enzo and heres what i got for pricing:

Rear Shock Revalve - $185
Includes:
-Labor
-Fluid
-Nitrogen
$80 - $85 Parts replacement (If every part is worn)

Front Fork Revalve - $185
Includes:
-Labor
-Fluid
-Nitrogen
$80 - $85 Worn Parts Replaced (If all needed)

New Lighter Springs
Rear Shock Spring $105
Front Fork Springs $95

That sounds very similar to what you got for pricing...i wont be doing subtanks, but the revalve sounds resonable.... yeah, i agree with the honesty, and the people on the phone are very helpful.... asked what weight, skill lever, bike brand, and was very pleasent to talk to .... he said i would most likely need new springs because i weight 160lbs with gear and the stock is set up for 175-195lbs, he told me..anywayz thanks for all the help guyz! :thumbsup:

• JayR426

Posted June 17, 2004 - 06:35 AM

I am thinking about having enzo do my suspension on my new 04 450. Can someone give me their website or phone #. I am having trouble finding it. Thanks :thumbsup:

• Yamaha600Racer

Posted June 17, 2004 - 09:43 AM

Actually, my bad! i gave the prices on Factory Connection Suspension....but for enzo i got the same quote as BIGSEVENS....sry bout that....but i think enzo is the winner.... anywayz, ill try to dig up the # for enzo under this pile of crap, ttyl Pete :thumbsup:

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.