Maxxis tires

21 replies to this topic
  • J_Bone

Posted July 07, 2002 - 02:17 PM

Hey dmxracing,
I run a 50T also, but I do have a Renthal chain that was sized for a 49T sprocket. It fits just fine with no problems! I would say get the 120/90/19! :)
The front works great too! I like them alot.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jason_in_KC

Posted July 10, 2002 - 03:30 AM

Thanks Ernie, I do have a way w/words..hehe
We rode at Cooperland this past Saturday, side note, if you haven't ridden this place..YOU MUST!
That sandy, reddish soil was groomed so nice it was unreal. The 120 Maxxis worked great, the sidewall on this size tire makes it look like I have an 18in mounted up.
I was able to run 9lbs of air, the sidewall is stiff. We rode for 4-5 hours and the track was breaking in real good, didn't even knock off the fresh edge of the tire. It had very good hook up and cornered very predictably, no sudden slide outs or anything. You could drift out the rear and bring it back all under full power.
It did rub on the flap and come in contact w/the pipe, not the silencer but the pipe right before the juncture to the silencer. I like this tire and for the price which was 47.99 plus 8$ to ship...I will buy more of these Maxxis meats. Jason

Related Content

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.