426 light kit / cam shaft caps

3 replies to this topic
  • rledmon

Posted June 14, 2004 - 07:15 AM

Late last year I was on this site and asked about a light kit for my 426. Someone had a used one they were getting rid of in the spring. Is this individual still out there with the kit? If so please contact me. Also another individual wanted the cam shaft caps from my old 426. I have them still if you are interested.

• R_Little

Posted June 14, 2004 - 09:47 AM

There is a BD dual sport kit for the wr426 on ebay.

I could use a pair of cam caps as spares. What ya' want for 'em.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x2smoker

Posted June 14, 2004 - 10:54 AM

I could use a pair of cam caps as spares. What ya' want for 'em.

Use caution with the cam-caps. If you are referring to the caps that have 2 bolts each for securing the cams down, they are machined as a set with the head. Chances are that if you interchange these, you may not have any noticeable problem, but the potential for a problem is there!

• R_Little

Posted June 14, 2004 - 11:51 AM

I know. I would have them machined to the head and cam b4 using them. I already had a cam journal repaired by ED.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.