Alum frame/Fuel injection, rumors?

15 replies to this topic
  • gomopar440

Posted June 14, 2004 - 04:35 AM

Does anyone have photos of the Aluminum frame for the next generation of Yamaha dirtbikes? I am trying to locate some pics to show someone who hasn't heard of it.

I was also wondering if anyone has heard rumors (or has proof/photos) of Fuel Injected Yamaha dirtbike prototypes?

I'm just trying to get a feel for what Yamaha is going to be up to for the next few years (planning early for the next bike :thumbsup:)

• r1superstar

Posted June 14, 2004 - 05:11 AM

Does anyone have photos of the Aluminum frame for the next generation of Yamaha dirtbikes? I am trying to locate some pics to show someone who hasn't heard of it.

I was also wondering if anyone has heard rumors (or has proof/photos) of Fuel Injected Yamaha dirtbike prototypes?

I'm just trying to get a feel for what Yamaha is going to be up to for the next few years (planning early for the next bike :thumbsup:)

We'll find out on Wednesday...

• Wrfrk

Posted June 14, 2004 - 05:12 AM

Man FI would be sweet, ATK has it on all their bikes but you really have to fork out a ton of $$$ for one of those. I would love to see it on a WR, might be enough to get me to sell my '00 and buy a new one!

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 14, 2004 - 06:11 AM

I am waiting to buy either the Honda CR450X or Yamaha WR450F with fuel injection. First one there gets my money. :thumbsup:

• 5spoke

Posted June 14, 2004 - 06:18 AM

I am waiting to buy either the Honda CR450X or Yamaha WR450F with fuel injection. First one there gets my money. :thumbsup:

Same here. I'm not concerned about al. frame or a few pounds of weight. I want f-i the most and will buy either H or Y who ever comes out first with it.

• JVP

Posted June 14, 2004 - 06:30 AM

This what I heard from a reliable source.

1. Aluminum Frame is coming on the 2005 YZ250. It will not look like the Honda's. It will look like a box tube frame with lots of gussets.
2. Fuel injection maybe in 2006 most likely 2008 for the 4-Stroke bikes.
3. No significant changes to the WR450/250 in 2005. It will be a little lighter and it will come with YZ 48 mm fork tubes. :awww: 2006 may have the Aluminum frame. It is a good time of year to buy a 2004 WR. :thumbsup:

• simon@vic

Posted June 14, 2004 - 06:55 AM

i know for a fact that 2005 wr450 wont have an AL frame. everything beyond that is speculation.............for now.

:awww: :thumbsup:

• NOMADAK

Posted June 14, 2004 - 07:10 AM

I believe they release the info tommorrow on the line up.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ovrrdrive

Posted June 14, 2004 - 11:52 AM

Posted Image

Just wait another day... :thumbsup:

• gomopar440

Posted June 14, 2004 - 03:52 PM

Ok, ok....I'm waiting :thumbsup:.

• Radbuster

Posted June 14, 2004 - 10:50 PM

Arrrghhh!! This must be the longest day ever! Let's just fast forward 24 hours and get it over with! :thumbsup:

• gomopar440

Posted June 15, 2004 - 02:36 AM

Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet?Are we there yet? :thumbsup: :lol: :awww: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• gomopar440

Posted June 16, 2004 - 05:53 AM

:thumbsup: I guessI'm gonna be waiting at least another model year for an aluminum framed WR450. The YZ250 & YZ125 both got the aluminum frames though. They both lost around 5 lbs this year (4.2 from the frame). If the 2-smokes are supposed to get phased out then why all the R&D on em :awww:. Maybe there not going the way of the Do-do bird after all?

• ddialogue

Posted June 16, 2004 - 06:16 AM

Honestly, I'd be suprised to see an aluminum frame on the WR's next year. If anything, they'll put it on the YZF's first and then wait a year for the WR's. But, who really knows? Unless they make some drastic changes to the 2006 model (or something catastrophic happens to my WR,) realistically I'm looking at 2007 for a replacement scoot because these WR's are just too dang reliable! :thumbsup:

• Indy_WR450

Posted June 16, 2004 - 06:19 AM

If you keep waiting they may go to a 1.6 gallon tank with a range of 35 miles! :awww: Then you have to wait another year for someone to make a 2.5 gallon tank for it without cutting the aluminum frame. :thumbsup: Forget about going to a 3.5 gallon tank with the way they are making the new bikes. I just dont get what they are thinking! :lol:

• jwriott

Posted June 16, 2004 - 06:28 AM

There is a new post on the WR450's. Steel frame, 1 lb. lighter, aluminum silencer and a 2.1 gallon tank.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.