Houston area (Southeast Texas) riders....

4 replies to this topic
  • Shane102473

Posted June 30, 2002 - 03:42 AM

Is there anyone who lives here in Houston are the Houston area who rides Sam Houston National Forest? I am trying to find people to ride with, everyone I ride with just wants to go to the local tracks and I prefer the woods. I need someone who would not mind riding with my girlfriend, because she is just learning. (She is getting better fast, she loves riding.) I am a decent rider, used to race hare scrambles but took about 10 years off. Anyway, let me know.

• therapture

Posted June 30, 2002 - 10:25 AM

Are there any GOOD riding areas left in Sam Houston Nat. Forest? Last I heard they were shutting down all the good trails left and right. I used to go up around the Conroe area and camp/ride alot, but after talking to some people in that area, they say it sucks, that alot of good trails are no longer accesible.

But yeah, I would drive up there and hook up sometime....I am mainly an MX guy, but have been known to rip a bit in the trees and trails. I have a good hare scrambles racer buddy of mine that keeps me honest though :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shane102473

Posted June 30, 2002 - 12:00 PM

I rode in Sam Houston back in the '80s a lot. It isn't what it was back then, but it is still nice. There are about 100 miles worth of trails. We would go up to Angelina National Forest a lot also back then. I heard that the Forest Rangers were real jerks up there though. Angelina was real nice. Whenever you want to go, let me know. We are always ready to ride.

• motoman393

Posted June 30, 2002 - 12:30 PM

I ride up in New Waverly (exit 102, Sam Houston Nat'l forest) occasionally. I will probably go up there sometime in the next month. I like the woods because it is great practice for tight turns, and it forces you to get used to your bike.

• RTM

Posted July 02, 2002 - 08:51 AM

I have raced in Houston a few times (probably around 8 years ago now) rode there with TRH. Absolutly fantastic. Need I say more. - Much better ridding than here in the UK. but gets a little warm mind you. Hope to ride there again one day soon.

Related Content

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  57 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.