spark arrestor removal?

3 replies to this topic
  • yznvegas

Posted June 29, 2002 - 06:15 PM

I know this is the blue side but maybe you guys have some thoughts on this?

Will my xr100 be a little punchier if I pull the spark arrestor off of it? Have any of you guys done it and did you have to rejet?

• Guest_mxrider426_*

Posted June 29, 2002 - 07:46 PM

What kind of spark arrestor does it have? I had one before, and I saw that it had a baffle in the silencer. I think that those have to be drilled out.

My advice is: Get a "real" bike.

[ June 29, 2002: Message edited by: mxrider426 ]

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yznvegas

Posted June 29, 2002 - 08:06 PM

I'm talking about the stock pipe and arrestor on a 01' xr100.

By the way dude, try reading my signature, it's my g/f's bike that I bought her, I do ride a "real" bike.

• Guest_blatham489_*

Posted June 30, 2002 - 04:49 AM

My sons had XR's, I don't know that the spark arrestor can be pulled, I thought it was integral to the muffler. However, on my old XR400 you could remove the baffle and leave the spark arrestor intact and it no doubt made it "punchier".

Related Content

Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.