WD-40

6 replies to this topic
  • silveradoss

Posted June 13, 2004 - 05:17 PM

Do you guys spray WD-40 on your engine after you wash your bikes. And do you spray it under your fenders to keep the mud from sticking?

• jmw00

Posted June 13, 2004 - 05:34 PM

It's funny you posted this question... A friend of mine sent his bike to a guy to replace the fork seals and when he returned his bike he had clead it up and the whole bike had been sprayed down with WD-40 tires and all.. The bike looked damn good all shinny and new. I am interested in some of the respones that you get because if thier is no harm i think i will do the same to mine when i clean it up. :thumbsup:

• endurodog

Posted June 13, 2004 - 05:55 PM

A friend of mine was a dealer for VOR's a few years ago. He uses the WD40 on his bikes. He let me take it out on the MX track one time. I get to the first corner and no brakes, he had gotten WD40 on them too. So be careful of your rotors.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Yamaha600Racer

Posted June 14, 2004 - 03:58 AM

Yeah.....i use it all the time.....prevents from rust and corosion and makes the bikes look like new! just watch out for the brake rotors and all your controls....take it for a little ride after to burn it off the pipe, motor, rad... and check out the brakes!!! :thumbsup:

• norcal_hoss

Posted June 14, 2004 - 07:14 AM

I use it to lube my footpegs.. Brake pedal and pipe if its not stainless.. I would not spray it on the engine or anything that has gaskets or rubber.. It will dry them out quick and make the rubber crack and then you will be in some trouble.

• flogger

Posted June 14, 2004 - 07:25 AM

I do this after every wash. I have done this for 20+ years and never had a problem. As stated just watch your rotors. I normally only spray it on the metal parts. I use a no touch tire spray for all the plastics and after spraying wipe it gently to keep dust from sticking as bad. I hate to state the obvious but do not put anything on the seat.
Flog

• PumpkinHumper

Posted June 14, 2004 - 07:36 AM

Another thing that helps keep Mud off is PAM cooking spray on the underside of the fenders and the engine.

I just started using Silkolene pro prep. Man my bike looks nice with that on. Its just a spray can. Works great. And Mud dosn't stick to it either. Just beads up and rolls off. Neet stuff.

I have used WD40 too in the past. Works just fine.

But I REALLY like that PRO PREP. neat stuff.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.