baja kit install

2 replies to this topic
  • midlifecrisis426

Posted June 01, 2001 - 06:16 PM

getting ready to install a baja dual purpose kit on my new 426, in illinois, so didn't buy - need to install the turn signals - but putting in the rest. i'm thinking about throwing away the instructions like i do on everything else.... maybe not (i'm not very proficient with the tools)

any short cuts or things i should know to make to conversion easier? i've heard two hours to put in that means 6 hours for me any help would be a good thing!

also... in illinois your local peace officer signs off on the install... got a friend here - hopefully he'll let me go with out tire change.... if not, whats the best dot tires for street / dirt roads / and a little mud? thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • carverdude

Posted June 02, 2001 - 08:07 PM

Baja Kit is very easy to install.....But follow the instructions.WRs reqire a modification to the stator that you will not know about if you throw away the instructions. :)
Extremely happy with the kit. :DI converted another bike without a kit in the past.Was not as nice as the Baja kit.

• Tree_Crippler

Posted June 03, 2001 - 05:31 PM

Do yourself a favor and follow the instructions. Its an easy kit to install. I took my time and kept reading the instructions while sitting around.

Just got back from a great National Dual Sport.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.