1st ride with Z-Start

6 replies to this topic
  • FOX426

Posted June 13, 2004 - 01:36 PM

Well I do not do MX anymore so I have converted my 426 to a woods bike. All the usual stuff; ie; flywheel weight, guards, large tank, gearing etc. The bike, although a mx machine can be made to work in the woods pretty good. Stalling, hills and the crazy tight stuff in Alabama do make it tuff though. I rode a 36 mile loop today that took 2.5 hours to complete, very tight. I would still be out there trying to make it up a couple of the steep, snotty rooted,rocky hills if not for the auto clutch. I had a choice a couple of months ago to sell one of my bikes. I have been riding my DRZ400 in these woods alot and the 426 has been sitting since I gave up motocross. As good as the DRZ is I could not part with my beloved YZ, even though riding woods exclusively now. The Z-start has simply saved my 426. My opinion is that I don't see the auto clutch a big advantage on a bike designed for offroad but to make a beastly mx bike behave there, it is the top accessory. I would highly reccomend it to anyone in this situation. Bottom line... I always wanted to ride my 426 in these conditions, now I can. :thumbsup:

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 14, 2004 - 02:53 AM

Welcome Brother
To the Church of Rekluse :thumbsup:

• Dano426

Posted June 14, 2004 - 04:58 AM

I did the same thing for my 426 and it is sweet!

See the light brother :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • flogger

Posted June 14, 2004 - 08:30 AM

You gents sure make the sermon sound sweet on the auto clutch. So here are some of my questions and comments. Do any of you guys know if the clutch is the same for a 426 and a 400. In other words if I buy one and put in on my 400 and decide to sell it can I take off the clutch and use it on my 426. Where do you buy these? I have seen no discounts so far and they are only selling at retail. Does it include all the clutch parts that could be wore out in my normal clutch?
And also do you still have the option on using the manual clutch?
Flog

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 14, 2004 - 08:51 AM

You gents sure make the sermon sound sweet on the auto clutch. So here are some of my questions and comments.
Do any of you guys know if the clutch is the same for a 426 and a 400.
I think it is differant Check www.rekluse.com
In other words if I buy one and put in on my 400 and decide to sell it can I take off the clutch and use it on my 426.

Where do you buy these?
From Thumpertalk Store

I have seen no discounts so far and they are only selling at retail.
Search the web best price I have seen so far is about 285

Does it include all the clutch parts that could be wore out in my normal clutch?
Yes, but you need to buy your own Frictions disks if needed or you wish to replace. Best are OEM

And also do you still have the option on using the manual clutch?
Yes but honestly you dont need it. spend the 100 for new Friction Disks
Flog

• Mossman

Posted June 14, 2004 - 12:46 PM

Flogger,
I was in the same boat as you, a bit skeptical to say the least. I now have two rides on the new auto clutch, one trail ride and one day of MX, I still love it! Sunday at the MX track, it just made my life easier because its just another thing you don't have to think about. I am a novice at the track, now all I have to think about is keeping the bike pointed in the right direction!

Don't worry about the manual clutch, I took mine off and I don't even miss it.

If I was a pro rider, I might notice a difference in power delivery, but for the average rider the auto clutch is a god-send.

Good luck!
Joe

• rbm33

Posted June 14, 2004 - 02:17 PM

i went with the perch adjuster. i only use it for motocross starts and sometimes it helps find neutral, other than that i never touch my clutch lever.

i would recomend the external adjuster though, you dont need it much but when you do its nice to have.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.