Stalling Off Idle When Throttle Is Cracked Open

5 replies to this topic
  • JYD

Posted June 13, 2004 - 08:39 AM

my '02 426 stalls occasionally right off idle when i crack the throttle, im assuming there is a problem witht he AC pump either too much fuel, or not enough. doesnt matter if its hot or cold.

• John_Lorenz

Posted June 13, 2004 - 09:45 AM

When is the last time you cleaned the Carb and air filter?

Is the stalling when the bike is just idling not in gear on the stand in neutral? If yes Totally normal

• JYD

Posted June 13, 2004 - 11:48 AM

no, it will idle fine, then when i give it gas it dies immediately...but only sometimes......

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • John_Lorenz

Posted June 13, 2004 - 12:04 PM

if your doing this from idle and the bike is in neutral its normal

• sirthumpalot

Posted June 13, 2004 - 01:51 PM

Did the problem just start, or has it been doing this for some time? If it just started, start by cleaning the carb. What year bike?

• Jeffro426

Posted June 15, 2004 - 06:17 PM

Clean the carb out well and if it still does it do the BK mod.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.