2 replies to this topic
  • Oregon_Thumper

Posted June 28, 2002 - 07:30 AM

What size Michelin tire are you running on the front and rear of you bike? I want to get an M12, but most online stores don't carry the 110/90-19 which is the stock Dunlop size. Can you give me a little advice?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guest_Guest_*

Posted June 28, 2002 - 03:32 PM

On the Mich. they size them diff cuz' they are European sizing or something.......(dont ask me, I thought milimeters are milimeters whichever pond you were across!!)
I think I have the 90/90 on the front which is ...or at least seems wider than the 90/90 s-12 front. I think it is the shape. more rounded instead of pointy but with a med- aggressive tread design. This roundedness helps on hard pack and roads keeping it from feeling washy while the aggressive tread helps in the soft stuff!

On the back I have the 130 S-12 which I believe is the same as a 110 or 120 in Japanese sizing charts.
The Mich have the stamp on the sidewall with the 130 or whatever then the TRUE size WE in the USA are used to is on a <font color=yellow>YELLOW sticker on the sidewall.
Dont ask me why the heck they do this but they do!???
Posted ImagePosted Image
And they are like $48 and $62 bucks!!!
My friend w/Kx250 and another w/katomaa 520mxc have the starcross soft up front.
kinda between the S-12f and the M-12fr!
pretty good too! :D
No complaints about M-12f/S-12r here! :) ROCKYMOUNTAINATV.COM CLICK here

[ June 28, 2002: Message edited by: THUMPIN' ROCK HUCKER ]

• Oregon_Thumper

Posted July 03, 2002 - 05:20 AM

Thanks for the information Rock. I love this board, I would be lost without it. Thanks again guys.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.