Someplace to ride

4 replies to this topic
  • 4-StrokeMan

Posted June 28, 2002 - 06:00 AM

Hopefully you guys can help me out with this. Me and a bunch of friends have been planning on going to Cloudcroft, NM for a week long riding trip. Now that Cloudcroft is shut down due to fires and drought we are in a bind. I live in Texas and willing to travel a ways to a place worth traveling to. Do any of you guys know of a place large enough not to get bored with in a week. I was thinking of all the bordering states of Texas but will consider any location. Any help is much appriciated.

• Kirtwell

Posted June 28, 2002 - 06:40 AM

4-StrokeMan ,
If you want to have a good time....go to Nocona MX. It's an awsome track and I promise you'll have a good time. Call for the directions: 940-825-3639. And just down the road from there is another track opened all weekend. It's a little more difficult but has alot of loamy dirt if that's what you're into. The number for that track is: 903-464-0426

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sirthumpalot

Posted June 28, 2002 - 07:09 AM

I've heard a lot of good things about riding in Ocala, FL (offroad) but I've never ridden there myself. Maybe someone familiar with the area can give more info.

• B._Myers

Posted June 28, 2002 - 09:34 PM

You looked into the Hatfield/McCoy riding area on the WVa, Kentucky border.

May be a stretch for you to travel too...but you shouldn't get bored riding it for a week.

http://www.trailsheaven.com/

B.

• Echo1101

Posted June 28, 2002 - 12:24 PM

Sicamore (spelling ?) and Four Peaks in Central Arizona is where I ride. It has everything you can think of terrain wise. You could ride out there for years and not see all of the trails.

The only thing I'm not sure of is if it's open or not with all of our wildland fires we are dealing with here.

If you're interested, let me know and I will make some phone calls.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.