Crankshaft question

1 reply to this topic
  • socalduner

Posted June 13, 2004 - 01:54 AM

The rod bearing went bad on my 98 WR, This seem's a little odd as the rest of the engine is very clean and seemed to have little use. I have heard the 99 had a stronger rod, is this true? I plan on putting in a whole new crank and would like to put in the 99 if it will fit and is better. Does anybody know if it will go right into the 98 cases? :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SFO

Posted June 13, 2004 - 07:13 AM

The 426 gets the better rod, unfortunately you will have to run the 426 piston to accomodate the larger wrist pin, although you could bore and replate the 400 cylinder to accomodate this.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.