Oillevel changes??

2 replies to this topic
  • svemo

Posted June 12, 2004 - 11:49 PM

Hello everyone. Im new here at Thumpertalk.
A couple of rides ago i changed my forkoil an set oillevel at 90 mm from top. At the sametime a alos changed my forkspring from 0.42 to 0.46. The fork was a lot stiffer!
Today a decided to set my oillevel to 125mm.
When I opened the fork the oillevel was 50 mm!!!! :thumbsup:
How Is that possible? when I set oillevel I was very accurate had a hose with marking and suckin oil out. I followed my manual.
What did I wrong? Please set me right so I dont make the same misatke again.
Hopefully I will have a much smoother ride from now on.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • endurodog

Posted June 13, 2004 - 12:13 PM

If you didn't pump the oil into the system by working the rod in the center of the forks up and down, it would give you a high reading at first. After riding the bike the oil would pump into those areas and give you a lower, correct, reading.

• svemo

Posted June 13, 2004 - 11:15 PM

I Know, my problem was the opposite, when I set the level it was 90 mm, next time i opended the forks it was 50 mm.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.