Twin Air filter kit.....worth the $..?

3 replies to this topic
  • afpilot

Posted June 12, 2004 - 07:19 PM

So what's up with this $90.00 kit from Twin Air that comes with the billit piece.....A Yamaha tech told me it was worth 2-3 hp.....What do ya'll think? :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted June 13, 2004 - 12:11 PM

I got it & I like it. 2-3hp? I am not sure about that. It is screenless so more airflow = more HP.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • B86_Racer

Posted June 13, 2004 - 04:33 PM

FYI...you can get a YZ250 (2-stroke) filter cage and it does not have a screen....

• gonzo

Posted June 14, 2004 - 12:28 AM

I did the 250 cage and filter on my 250F. I really didnt notice anything. I mean yea your getting rid of the screen but your adding the fireproof material to the filter. I do like it though because my filter rim grease doesnt get caught in the screen. Now I have cut the cage and used a regular filter and that worked well but I dont recommend it. I only did it for one ride.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.