Coolant Help

6 replies to this topic
  • 4-StrokeMan

Posted June 27, 2002 - 11:13 AM

I have heard of some kind of coolant called Redline or something that is supposed to cool your motor 15 or so extra degrees. Has anyone heard of such a product or used anything similar? If so could you tell a difference in your bike? Was is worth the cash? I am sure it is more expensive.

• Yak

Posted June 27, 2002 - 11:40 AM

Do a search for Water Wetter.

here is the fact sheet from Redline

http://www.redlineoi...ineoil/wwti.htm

• Shawn_Mc

Posted June 27, 2002 - 01:24 PM

I run it, it works good.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • moto_madman

Posted June 27, 2002 - 03:19 PM

i run Engin Ice. You dont have to mix it since its already mixed with deionized water.

• yznvegas

Posted June 27, 2002 - 03:55 PM

I just put 2 capfuls of water wetter in my bike and it is actually a noticeable difference.

My leg on the pipe side used to get very uncomfortable from heat and now it is fine. Trust me, I ride in 115 degree heat so I know it works. :)

• Red-eyed_Demon

Posted June 27, 2002 - 11:49 PM

Water Wetter works great. I use it too.

• Guest_blatham489_*

Posted June 28, 2002 - 05:55 PM

I tried Water Wetter alone with the water and no coolant and can't say it works well as my bike was puffing out of the radiator overflow very quickly after a few minutes of idling/slow riding (I know, they tend to overheat while idling but it still seemed rather quick). I think you still need to add coolant to raise the boiling point before the water wetter will have a chance to work. The chemistry behind it makes perfect sense.

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.