Simple Green and Trail Tech computers

4 replies to this topic
  • KTM250rm

Posted June 27, 2002 - 10:25 AM

Just saw a post on Trail Tech website stating that Simple Green will eat into the scratch resistance display on the Panoram.

So be careful where you spray it. I take my Panoram off whenever I wash the bike.

Also saw where Trail Tech is introducing an Enduro type Panoram in the next couple of weeks.

• PumpkinHumper

Posted June 27, 2002 - 10:32 AM

That would explain why my trailtech is all scratched up.

Thanks for the info. :D

Just a little too late. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • freestyle111

Posted June 27, 2002 - 11:01 AM

it also makes a permanent fog over lcd screen.

• Unibomber

Posted June 27, 2002 - 12:09 PM

Here Here on the display screen vs. Simmple Green, I luv the stuff but dont over spray onto any displays, or instrument covers, clear plastics, etc...

You may not notice the damage right away but over time it fogs and scratchs the goods, (and yes I know its not meant for display screens) :)

• finglan

Posted June 28, 2002 - 04:19 AM

I put a sandwich baggie over the computer when I wash the bike or if it is raining hard out. I did get stuck in some serious rain once w/out my trusty baggies. The computer died from all the moisture. I took it apart and soaked all the parts ( there were alot of them and small ) in rubbing alcohol. I blow dried it and had to glue the cases togather. The cases were not really ment to be taken apart. This was three months ago and it still works fine.

Related Content

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.