Suspension Help

No replies to this topic
  • Harold_in_So_Cal

Posted June 27, 2002 - 06:27 AM

Hey guys, a couple of suspension questions. I have a 2000 WR 400. Like a lot of us, I’m riding a lot more MX and fewer trails than when I started. My problem is that the suspension is too soft. I’m looking at getting a MX bike later in the year, but until then I want some quick/hopefully inexpensive fix. A while back I had the suspension re-valved to make it stiffer and it helped. But now I’ve got all my compression clickers maxed out and my rebound is so tight that the bike is like a brick. It barley moves when I sit on it. I’ve backed off the rebound to get some bounce but on jumps it seems to compress to easy that way.

So, I’m thinking of stiffer springs. This seems like a moderate expense ($300 springs plus labor for both ends is my guess but I haven’t bid it out yet). I would like to be able to back off of the compression for trail riding and still be ok but the primary emphasis is MX. Could someone maybe compare the WR springs with the YZ springs? Are there numbers to indicate spring stiffness? I’m 180 lbs. Thank you.

Related Content

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.