Sell my XR650L SM... As is?

4 replies to this topic
  • TZAR

Posted June 11, 2004 - 04:06 PM

Hi All,

Havent been online for quite a while...

I'm considering selling my perfect '04 XR650L SM w/1200mi. I spent about $11.5K on the bike and related SM outfitting...

Just to get you're opinion here; would you recommend I sell it as-is, or return it to OEM and sell-off the parts...?

I figure I'm going to take a loss either way.

What do you think?

• Roll_it_on

Posted June 12, 2004 - 04:19 AM

my vote would be to return it to stock since you would have the biggest market out there for a stock bike and then sell off all of the aftermarket stuff on EBAY to the guys that already have a bike and are looking to modify theirs. I would bet that you would come out the best doing it that way. Good luck :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rover31

Posted June 12, 2004 - 04:35 AM

1st? why? 2nd? what do you have to sell we will all be like vultures.

• MotoChris521

Posted June 14, 2004 - 03:25 AM

After all that work ? What are you gonna get next ?

• TZAR

Posted June 14, 2004 - 10:19 PM

Thanks a million for the good feedback. Sorry I did'nt respond earlier. Connection was down.

I baught '96 TZ250 for racing. Its as if I like pain, huh... I learned tons from my XRL technically and mechanically and have decided to move on. Plus, I've been "told" cannot keep both, thus I decided to part with my XRL...

I'll keep you posted on what I do with the sale of the bike and parts.

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.