PSI Big Air Carburetor

4 replies to this topic
  • Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted June 11, 2004 - 06:11 AM

Has anyone tried PSI's big air carburetor ont heir yammer-hammers? It sounds kinda cool and I'd like being able to change jetting by turning a few screws, kinda like an R/C car.
http://www.mxsouth.c...i/psimxcarb.htm :thumbsup:

• Fly-nBri

Posted June 11, 2004 - 08:16 AM

Looks sweet!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MN_Kevin

Posted June 11, 2004 - 02:51 PM

that thing has been around for 4 years or so. I have yet to hear ANYTHING on it... :thumbsup:

• NOMADAK

Posted June 11, 2004 - 03:55 PM

One of the racer's who traveled to Florida for the mini-o's with us picked one up for his KX65, well his father did. They found gains everywhere. The PSI people selling it there at the races worked with them to get the jetting spot on (nice, knowledgable folks). The little fella went faster than he ever had before and was literally scaring himself (this bike already had lots of engine work and was most likely in need of a larger carb already) . After a season with it now, gettting used to it, he is on another level, giving 85's fits.

They were just starting to develop the 4 stroke carbs last November. I am suprised to see them out already.

If you race where there are large temperature changes during the course of a day these carbs can be an area you can get good gains. Keeping your jetting spot on throughout the course of those temperature changes is something you have to educate yourself on though. Keeping it perfect is a subtle art.WE have all felt those moments when the motor feels just right and extra crisp. Then next moto you are wondering &%$#@!? The simplicity of being able to adjust jet sizes without taking the carb off is very slick. Probably a good deal for mainly intermediate and expert riders.

• Red3171

Posted June 12, 2004 - 06:17 AM

Does this carb use the stock TPS?

Related Content

Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.