WR426 jetting question

4 replies to this topic
  • AliveInMyOde

Posted June 11, 2004 - 05:12 AM

hey guys
ok i need to change something because i am not getting the right response from the throttle. ok when i open the throttle fast to accelerate out of a turn it hesitates for a split second then comes the full power and its unpredictable. it goes from bad to worse as the life of the spark plug goes on. after i change the spark plug its fine but after about the 4th or 5th ride i have to change the plug again to get good response. also as the life of the spark plug goes on after i crank it and just wamr it up, it starts misfire here and there and back fires when i get on the throttle and let off real fast. i am in florida so 0 sea level. my mods r listed on the bottom. hope someone can help me with what jets to get and replace. thanks guys!

-Billy

• tcmII

Posted June 11, 2004 - 07:54 AM

Look into the JD kit. I believe that it made a difference with my bike for the better. Also, it would be helpful to understand the throttle position your having trobule. When you snap the throttle open out of a turn it's not the same a snapping the throttle open from a stopped idle. You are probably dealing with 1/2 - 3/4 throttle issues, rather than 0 - 1/4 throttle (assuming your not a slow poke like me :thumbsup:).

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HaremScarem

Posted June 11, 2004 - 01:41 PM

Use OBELN-3(YZ250f Option needle), 160 main, 162 main air, 40 pilot, 75 pilot air, with an home made power now valve. Do the BK mod and adjust to 1 second squirt. Do a search on the JamesNow and BK Mods.

• miek

Posted June 12, 2004 - 03:56 PM

First get your jetting right, then you may want to consider the PowerNow or make your own version. Works great on my bike (02'wr426). Good luck.

Mike

• AliveInMyOde

Posted June 13, 2004 - 05:47 AM

thanks guys! i'll have to try one of the kits. how much do those usually cost?

-Billy

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.