Maintenance

4 replies to this topic
  • lco

Posted June 26, 2002 - 12:22 PM

Ok. I've been riding since January, put on about 50 hours of riding. Done the oil and filter on a regular basis (10 hours). What would you recomend next.

Valves?
Suspension?
Chain?

Having the tires changed today. Anything else?

Thanks

• lco

Posted June 26, 2002 - 12:23 PM

one more thing, suspension seems good I'm about 165 before meals.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shawn_Mc

Posted June 26, 2002 - 12:30 PM

Lube the chain? :)

Just pulling your chain there :D

Help me, I cant stop!

Id go with the oil change a little quicker, though. I like to do this about every 3 tanks of gas. I just do the oil change and I do the filter every other change. Mostly just to check on the amount of material in the filter. Since its a screen and not a paper filter, you really shouldnt have a problem with clogging unless you get a handfull of dirt in there, then ya go bigger problems anyway. But other maint, not really any to do, unless ya just want to fiddle with it, which is ok too :D

• skthom2320

Posted June 26, 2002 - 01:17 PM

I would:

1. Check the valve clearance.
2. Lube the steering and swingarm/linkage.
3. Change the fork oil.
4. Get an x-ring chain and new sprockets.

In that order.

• DoctorRzed

Posted June 26, 2002 - 02:15 PM

"If it runs drive it, w/the acception of a spark plug!"

Related Content

Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  113 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • 1 review
  • Last review by Tommyk_55
  • On January 15, 2017

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.