2003 WR450FR ?

2 replies to this topic
  • strokerfan

Posted June 11, 2004 - 12:22 AM

Most of my motorcycle background is riding Ducati's around race-tracks. I have recently discovered trail riding and absolutely love it (the poor DUC is gathering dust)! I recently traded my XR400R on a barely used 2003 WR450. When the previous owner mailed the manual to me yesterday, I noticed the model number is WR450FR . Is this "R" common to all US models, or does the "R" imply differences from the 450F (local Honda dealer doesn't know)?

The reason I ask is because I would like to do several of the performance mods (I have the larger pipe opening, and plan to do airbox, grey-wire, and jetting mod's..."04 starter upgrade also), but do not know if the difference (if any) will affect my approach. Thanks for lending advice to a new WR fan!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted June 11, 2004 - 03:03 AM

That is the true full model name for our bikes but they are all just called WR450F in the riding world. :thumbsup:

• PBDBLUE

Posted June 11, 2004 - 04:05 AM

Actually the 'R' represents the model year '03. The '04 is a model WR450FS.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.