Chest Protectors

6 replies to this topic
  • Oregon_Thumper

Posted June 26, 2002 - 11:17 AM

What are you guys wearing? I was borrowing a guys from work and now he wants it back so I have to get one. I am fairly tall (6'3") so I was just wondering.
Does anyone wear the soft under-the-jersey ones too from AXO?
Does anyone have an extra one around that is in good shape they might be willing to sell fairly cheap?

• T-Gore

Posted June 26, 2002 - 12:22 PM

Don't mess around, buy the Fox Airframe. It's not cheap but it's damn good. I'm 6'3" myself, the Fox Airframe and the Moose are the only ones that fit me good. I've had both and love the Fox.

• skthom2320

Posted June 26, 2002 - 01:26 PM

Check your PM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Shane102473

Posted June 26, 2002 - 02:04 PM

I was about to ask the same question about the under the jersey chest protector. I was at a local dealer today and was looking at the sixsixone under jersey protector. Does anyone use one? How does it feel? Would you recommend it? Thanks in advance.

• jmx631

Posted June 26, 2002 - 04:07 PM

I guess under the jersey is good for motocross, but if you are racing in the woods I would recommend a real chest protector (Fox Airframe)

• FOX426

Posted June 27, 2002 - 03:02 AM

Shane, I did'nt like the sixone6 and ended up sending it back. It just was not as sturdy as it looks and the shoulder pads were very bulky. It made you look like you were wearing football shoulder pads but only because of the design not that they were that protective. :)

• yzboy

Posted June 27, 2002 - 03:43 AM

O.T i have a Rage Chest Protector, I just bought a MSR Underoost Deflector for $45.00. After wearing the underoost for the first time in my last desert race I loved it. The underoost is much more lighter and it seems it keeps ya cooler. I only race desert, i had know problems with rocks or tree's hitting me, it protected me verey well. I bought it from Rocky mountain. :) :D

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.