NEW 04 WR450
Posted June 10, 2004 - 05:36 PM
Posted June 10, 2004 - 09:40 PM
Now do the next good move and start to wrench your own bike.
200$ for the FREE mods is 200$ for nothing !!
- air box snorkel
- grey wire - optional.
- end cap
- THROTTLE STOP - this is biggest winner here. If you own a file....you can do it yourself. or Search for a thread with "YZ throttle stop" for the part number and other instructions.
oh yeah factory grease on new bikes is (apparently) about as plentiful as an honest politician so you should break down the all the pivot points and grease up real good
- head bearings
- linkage bearings
- axle bearings
- did I forget anywhere ??
Posted June 21, 2004 - 10:48 AM
Posted June 21, 2004 - 01:53 PM
Posted June 21, 2004 - 07:12 PM
1. Grey wire disconnected.
2. Air Box Mod
3. Throttle stop cut
4. Exhaust cam - YZ450F
5. Exhaust system - Ti-4 full set.
6. JDJetting set (used 165 main instead of recommended 170)
7. Devol Radiator, frame and skid plate
8. RG3 Tripple clam and Renthal twin wall
9. Accerbis guards etc.
10. YZ Yamaha of troy Graphics, had to use sculpel a bit to make it fit.
12. Michelin M12 front and rear tires, stock Dunlop 606 suck and scary.
13. Motul 300 Factory Line racing oil - engine is now singing!!!! Amazing oil, makes a lot of difference!
I think I ended up with a nice bike. We had two bikes from the dealer together, left one untouched and tested them both yesterday - man... they are like from different planets....