Riding in ohio

8 replies to this topic
  • silveradoss

Posted June 10, 2004 - 05:14 PM

Do any of you guys live\ride near the Youngstown, Ohio area? I recently moved near there and I am looking for some good riding spots. :thumbsup:

• moto420ink

Posted June 11, 2004 - 12:59 AM

I belong to a members only track........We have a website......sanduskyvalleyriders.com....they also list and talk about all other tracks in ohio. Our facility is about 40 acres...with the MX track about 1.8 miles per lap.......fast riders(not me ..yet)will do laps in around 2 minutes

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted June 11, 2004 - 01:34 AM

Have you been to Wayne National Forest or Perry state forest yet? Those are both great places to ride. If you need directions or any information let me know.

• Mossman

Posted June 11, 2004 - 01:36 AM

Check out Crow Canyon , it is located south of Canton in Urichsville. They have plenty of trails, a motocross track and a peewee track. I have been down riding down there since the first trail was cut a few years ago and I still don't get tired of riding there.

I will be heading down there Sunday morning for some family riding.

Joe

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • oldNslo

Posted June 11, 2004 - 03:28 AM

We've gone to Bear Creek a few times this past month. Their website is http://www.bearcreek...res.html#trails towards the bottom of the page is info about the riding area. It's an old strip mining area. No tracks, mostly trails and some flat areas to just get on it....a couple of hills. The trails are more quad friendly but I'm told they take a dozer and try to straighten them up from time to time. With all the rain we've had there's a washed out road down there and the trails tell the same tail...lotsa shale stone and not much dirt right now. It's not the greatest but it's cheap and close. Not a bad place to take beginners because there's alot of flat area and a few nice easy hills. We're looking for a better area right now though....that Crow Canyon is supposed to be better.

• Vanilla_Gorilla

Posted June 11, 2004 - 06:15 AM

I moved to Lima, Ohio recently to attend the university of northwestern ohio for high performance auto. I have found a few places to ride but havent had much of a chance to check them out yet. Looking for more people in the area to go riding with however. :thumbsup:

• gonzo

Posted June 11, 2004 - 06:52 AM

Check out http://pitracer.com. There's alot on there.

• felony

Posted June 12, 2004 - 06:05 PM

drop me a email silveradoss,i live in hubbard,im out riding all the time,when im not working that is,i can show you around :thumbsup:

• patcrosbie

Posted June 12, 2004 - 07:04 PM

I live in youngstown too. Well warren is right next to it but you know what I mean. I think the best place to find places is on pitracer.com like someone else had mentioned. Wayne National Forest in southern Ohio is very fun riding also but about 3 1/2 hours drive. But anyways, just check out pitracer.com and ask around on the forums there for some help. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

The "going back to the other darkside" adventure... by Monk

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250/350/450/505 SX-F & XC-F (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  94 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.