Rad Hubs?

2 replies to this topic
  • BWB63

Posted June 10, 2004 - 05:07 PM

Has anyone used the Rad hexed hubs on there XR650R?
I have Excel rims and thought the Rad hubs looked rad :awww: I was thinking red with my gold rims? :thumbsup: but, wanted to see if others had used them and if there were any issues.
BWB #63

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • qadsan

Posted June 10, 2004 - 05:51 PM

Also check the CRF side of TT because some of those guys have tried them.

• malevolent73

Posted June 11, 2004 - 05:49 PM

I' ve got'em... so far so good! they have some advantages to talon hubs. they can be switched to another bike, by buying another set of carriers. they have a removable carrier that your disc/sprocket mount to! also they have a zerk fitting, so they can be greased while on the bike. the only thing I wasn't too crazy about is that they use over sized bearing... that are not sealed, beacause they are greasable. they also use a different spacer because of the oversized bearing...it is aluminium, but i think it's a little soft... mine shows a little grove worn into it where the outer seal rides on it... my stock spacers did not! one more thing, rad claims that the wheel can be turned around, so that you can thoroughly burn up that rear tire, without having to remove the tire from the rim, by switching the carriers... but on mine the bolt pattern is not the same from one side to the other, so that claim does not hold true! other than that I am pretty happy with them, I got blk/blk... beefy spokes too!

Related Content

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 2 replies

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

• Hot  28 replies

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

• 3 replies

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

• Hot  37 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.