oil strainer

6 replies to this topic
  • squad56

Posted June 09, 2004 - 05:09 PM

my oil strainer isnt unscrewing. i dont know if it supposed to or what. anyone have any ideas as how i should get it out of the frame?

• grayracer513

Posted June 09, 2004 - 05:51 PM

When you say it isn't unscrewing, do you mean that you can't break it free, or that it spins, but doesn't thread out? You should be trying to remove the right (throttle side) fitting from the frame/oil tank.

• squad56

Posted June 10, 2004 - 12:36 AM

i couldnt break it free. not a big deal. im gonna break it free when i change my oil next time

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JJwinston

Posted June 10, 2004 - 03:04 AM

I took it out the first oil change, and there was no signs of anything in there. I don't know how often people are actually cleaning this thing?? :thumbsup:

• Anssi

Posted June 10, 2004 - 05:52 AM

I have taken it out twice now, and the bike has been ridden for about 65 hours. I plan to take it out at about 80 hours the next time.

• squad56

Posted June 10, 2004 - 11:26 PM

i talked to my friend and he said that it wasnt a big deal that i take it out and clean it.so ill do it in a while.

• Fly-nBri

Posted June 11, 2004 - 08:18 AM

Never could get mine off. I was told not to sweat it. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo
Supercross

Wilson the Blue Privateer by jetfuel

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  50 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.