in search of graphics

5 replies to this topic
  • krotchwaffle

Posted June 09, 2004 - 03:43 AM

i know this question isn't really an important one, but i have an 00 426 and i'm having trouble finding graphics that i like for it. i'm thinking about settling for a set from graphicmx but i remember reading here that people complain of their tank graphics coming off after only a couple rides. i don't want to spend $80 on graphics that will half fall off in a couple weeks. if you know anything about their durability please let me know.

if i don't get them from graphicmx i'm probably going with factory effex which i had before and lasted a couple years of hard riding and gas spilling on them. i've looked everywhere and can't seem to find any i really like. if anyone has any input on where to look for more please let me know.

• Wyatt

Posted June 09, 2004 - 04:38 AM

I have graphicmx graphics and I do like them. But, my tank graphics came off in a couple of weeks. My bike still looks good with just shroud graphics. It is ashame that the tank graphics didn't hold up. Graphicmx has the best looking graphics on the market.

• MountainManic

Posted June 09, 2004 - 06:26 AM

I've always ran ENJOY graphics or SKIN, they hold up well and look great. Follow my link and you can see the enjoy graphics on my bike now, found them on EBAY, factory Australia.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • krotchwaffle

Posted June 10, 2004 - 02:54 AM

I have graphicmx graphics and I do like them. But, my tank graphics came off in a couple of weeks.

that's what i'm afraid of. i was going to buy graphics with a black background but if they come off and i have black shroud graphics and the blue tank still shows it will be a waste. for the money it'd be cheaper to just buy black shrouds if i can find them.

• Jeffro426

Posted June 10, 2004 - 03:37 AM

i don't want to spend $80 on graphics that will half fall off in a couple weeks.

Then dont put graphics on it at all...ive only had one pair of graphics fall off quickly out of probably 10-12 different sets, but i do tend to trash them pretty fast. I grip pretty tightly with my knees and it deteriorates the tank graphics in no time and one get off the bike and you can kiss your shroud ones good bye. They do look nice for the first week or so, but i would rather spend my money on something that will make me go faster.

• krotchwaffle

Posted June 10, 2004 - 11:25 AM

i haven't had graphics on it for over a year and was looking for a change. with everybody buying new bikes i just want to fit in. i feel bad passing guys on pretty new bikes and roosting them with my "seasoned" whip. my shrouds are pretty whooped anyway with cracks, scratches, and the good old white fatigue swirls. i guess i'll just leave it be and if i happen to run across a cheap set i'll pick them up. i don't want to add the 0.0587 lbs anyway, it'll slow me down. the money would be better spent on a new rear tire. thanks for the input.

Related Content

Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.