blown engine

2 replies to this topic
  • JOSHUAZ2

Posted June 08, 2004 - 10:51 PM

well bad things finally happened to the WR. was making noise and running a little warm and then just stoped. cams galled heavily and piston scoured on intake side. wrist pin shows a little pitting/galling. had in fresh oil and no problems found so far. the only issue i have found is that a couple of the cam cover bolts were loose when i tore it down. not sure if this was cause or symptom. whats the feeling of the masses? without knowing what caused this i am hesitant to rebuild and repeat the problem. what should i look for? anyone else had this experience? what is the cheapest way to rebuild this?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted June 09, 2004 - 05:43 AM

Sounds like the oil is not flowing through the engine. Check for filter obstructions and all oil channels in the engine for blockage and also check that the oil pump is working and being driven. :thumbsup:

• MN_Kevin

Posted June 09, 2004 - 06:13 AM

for head repair:

http://www.enginedynamics.com/

Mike does ABSOLUTE MAGIC. One world famous bike mechanic (I'll keep it secret...) informed me my head was trashed. E.D. fixed an "unfixable" problem.

As for the rest of your problem, I don't know. I too would think oil issue somewhere...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.